2019 MLB Discussion

rico

10 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Cubs lucked out having 2 of their last 4 series against the hapless Pirates haha. If Cards win the central, they will have earned it. 2 series against the Cubs, 1 against the D-Backs, and 1 against the Brew Crew. Brewers schedule is a joke. 

Hat tip to the Cardinals. In a rubber match yesterday they beat Max while the Cubs fall to 8-11 on the year vs a sub .500 team.

Now it's just a 10 game season. Not sure what I see coming. Hendricks at home during this time of year has usually meant good things for Cubs so I feel good about tonight. Face Wacha on Friday and he hasn't been good lately. Saturday we have Hamels going and I think we've scored a whopping 3-4 runs for him in his last 3 or so starts. 

Sunday has plenty of rain in forecast and with Cardinals needing to get West for their Monday night game I could see some gamesmanship if a delay happens. Cubs have Monday off. Should be a fun weekend!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Hat tip to the Cardinals. In a rubber match yesterday they beat Max while the Cubs fall to 8-11 on the year vs a sub .500 team.

Now it's just a 10 game season. Not sure what I see coming. Hendricks at home during this time of year has usually meant good things for Cubs so I feel good about tonight. Face Wacha on Friday and he hasn't been good lately. Saturday we have Hamels going and I think we've scored a whopping 3-4 runs for him in his last 3 or so starts. 

Sunday has plenty of rain in forecast and with Cardinals needing to get West for their Monday night game I could see some gamesmanship if a delay happens. Cubs have Monday off. Should be a fun weekend!

Actually Wacha has been good lately. His overall season hasn’t been good but his last 4 or 5 starts he’s been solid. 

32 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Well the Rays did end up beating the Dodgers in extra innings last night. So now it's up to Tanaka to go for the clincher tonight

Go Yanks

The Yanks need to keep the pedal to the medal...going for home field advantage.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

All he Reds needs to do is win out and they will be a .500 team LOL!

What if Sonny Gray had been healthy at the beginning of the season?

What if Alex Wood had been healthy at all?

What if the Reds had Scooter Gennett perform like he did the previous two seasons?

What if Joey Votto could turn back time?l

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

What if the Reds had Scooter Gennett perform like he did the previous two seasons?

Well if Votto changed his batting stance a lot earlier and stopped choking up so much he could had a lot better first half of the season.

37 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Speaking of Wood, I wonder if the Reds are interested in him for next year?

5 minutes ago, rico said:

Well with his injury, he could probably be had cheap?

I guess it depends on if they have to trade one of their young pitchers like Mahle or Disco for some hitting.  With how Disco has pitched and how Mahle looked last night they might feel they are set at starting pitching.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I guess it depends on if they have to trade one of their young pitchers like Mahle or Disco for some hitting.  With how Disco has pitched and how Mahle looked last night they might feel they are set at starting pitching.

I would say there rotation is set for sure without Wood.  But if he is cheap, I look at him.

Archived