2019 MLB Discussion

rico

This just in..... The Yankees Win!!! Yanks won their first AL East title since 2012 beating the Angels 9-1 with Pujols recording the final out.

Aaron Boone is the first mananger in MLB history to win 100+ games in each of his first 2 seasons. This in spite of all of the injuries this team has had to endure and the next man up reputation.

Now the real work continues.... 

Back to Cubs and Cards.....

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, rico said:

To me, Kimbrel  has disappointed.

Can't do much about injuries. He was rushed to contribute when we signed him because our pen problems. Never really got on a solid ground. Will be much much better next year but this year he's just been hurt. Again...because of our front office not finding other bullpen help.

34 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Carpenter picked a hell of a time to make up for his lost season. Worst case now is we leave Wrigley with a 1-game lead. 

Or best case depending on how we look at things? Haha. Good friend of mine is a Red Sox fan. Shoot...they are 10 games out of Wild Card. When I get checked into to a hospital I'll point to this past year as Exhibit A. The way Bears season ended last year, IU hoops losing that many in a row followed by this Cubs season. My sports brain has been on overload to the negative. 

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Can't do much about injuries. He was rushed to contribute when we signed him because our pen problems. Never really got on a solid ground. Will be much much better next year but this year he's just been hurt. Again...because of our front office not finding other bullpen help.

And Hamels isn't going today because of "shoulder fatigue." Alec Mills will go to the mound for the Cubs against Wacha.

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Or best case depending on how we look at things? Haha. Good friend of mine is a Red Sox fan. Shoot...they are 10 games out of Wild Card. When I get checked into to a hospital I'll point to this past year as Exhibit A. The way Bears season ended last year, IU hoops losing that many in a row followed by this Cubs season. My sports brain has been on overload to the negative. 

Wanna trade? IU/Tigers/Colts. IU hoops suckfest, Tigers compiling one of their worst seasons ever with at least 2-3 more years of ineptitude ahead, and Andrew Luck feigning injury to retire while anyone who dares question it gets raked over the coals by SJW's and other sycophants.

The Tigers, by the way, are every bit as bad as their 46-107 (think I have that right) record would indicate, perhaps even worse. They just got swept by the Indians for the fifth time this year. No, I'm not exaggerating. They went 1-18 against the Indians this year and dropped the final 17 meetings. How on earth does a baseball team lose to someone that many times in a row?

Meanwhile, Miguel Cabrera will cash a 30 million dollar paycheck for hitting 10 home runs.

47 minutes ago, rico said:

I don't know if that is good or bad?

I'd say bad. Hamels, save the terrible outing against the Phillies, has been ok. Mills? He hasn't been bad either. I just prefer experience.

I will say this...if the Cubs lose today, they can kiss the division good-bye. They'd be 5 out with 8 left. Not good odds. And the way the Brewers are playing, coupled with WHO they're playing, doesn't boost my confidence in the wild card race.

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'd say bad. Hamels, save the terrible outing against the Phillies, has been ok. Mills? He hasn't been bad either. I just prefer experience.

I will say this...if the Cubs lose today, they can kiss the division good-bye. They'd be 5 out with 8 left. Not good odds. And the way the Brewers are playing, coupled with WHO they're playing, doesn't boost my confidence in the wild card race.

Have the Cards faced Mills before?

Archived