2019 MLB Discussion

rico

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Did I say anywhere in that post I was against it. just reporting what I read.

You?  Against analytics?  Of course not...what was I thinking?  Wanna play "pong" this week-end?  I got the game from a retro store.  Oh that is when videos games were the bomb.

29 minutes ago, rico said:

You?  Against analytics?  Of course not...what was I thinking?  Wanna play "pong" this week-end?  I got the game from a retro store.  Oh that is when videos games were the bomb.

I am willing to see if this will help the Reds before making my judgment on whether this is a good idea.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

I would assume they have Price on speed dial?

Looks like the y got rid of most of their minor league pitching coaches.  They need to do something with their player development department because they seem to have a hard time bringing kids through their farm system.  You see teams like the Astros who tanked for a few years and hit on a lot of their high picks but so far the Reds have not done that well.  Johnson is a very good pitching coach for the Reds but this guy will be the pitching coordinator for the whole organization.

16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Looks like the y got rid of most of their minor league pitching coaches.  They need to do something with their player development department because they seem to have a hard time bringing kids through their farm system.  You see teams like the Astros who tanked for a few years and hit on a lot of their high picks but so far the Reds have not done that well.  Johnson is a very good pitching coach for the Reds but this guy will be the pitching coordinator for the whole organization.

Ummm, how many years did the Astros get the #1 pick?  The Reds haven't been that bad...yet.

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well in the last 5 years they had the #2 pick twice( Senzel and Hunter) and India was picked #5 so that is 3 very high draft picks.

I will concede that.  This just my opinion but 1) the Reds have a propensity for picking the wrong guys or 2) the Reds have a propensity for not developing said picks.  Or it could be a combination of both.

17 minutes ago, rico said:

I will concede that.  This just my opinion but 1) the Reds have a propensity for picking the wrong guys or 2) the Reds have a propensity for not developing said picks.  Or it could be a combination of both.

That was what I was saying is that they need a total face lift in the scouting and player development department.

50 minutes ago, rico said:

That may be the case but how many teams missed on Trout?

Speaking of the Reds scouts saw something pretty col last weekend. My son played at University of Cincinnati Clermont and the field was named in honor of former Reds scout Brian Wilson( not a beach boy) and was funded by Jay Bruce. Brian was responsible for the Reds drafting Jay and at the age of 32 Brian died from a heart attack. I always liked Jay but now even a little more. 

Archived