2019 MLB Discussion

rico

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So who would you be willing to part with for just one year of Betts.  Disco could be the middle of the rotation guy but are willing to give up Senzel and Hunter or Lodolo for oen year of Betts.

First off, the trade would only be made if Betts agreed to extend his contract.  Then I would give up Ervin, Mahle, and two pieces from the farm.

That being said, the Bosox are the ones cutting salary.  If they ask too much, then they can swallow Mookie's paycheck themselves.

6 minutes ago, rico said:

First off, the trade would only be made if Betts agreed to extend his contract.  Then I would give up Ervin, Mahle, and two pieces from the farm.

That being said, the Bosox are the ones cutting salary.  If they ask too much, then they can swallow Mookie's paycheck themselves.

I would say those two players would not get it done unless those prospects are Senzel and Green.  I still don't think that package would get it done.  I would think like a package that included Disco and Winker plus top prospects might get it done.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would say those two players would not get it done unless those prospects are Senzel and Green.  I still don't think that package would get it done.  I would think like a package that included Disco and Winker plus top prospects might get it done.

It is moot, I imagine the Reds will address their needs via FA.

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I was looking through the Reds' prospects, and saw one named Jose Siri...

Boy, that guy makes it to the show, and someone yells his name across the locker room, 40 cell phones will be chattering...

Aside from Siri, one I would love to see to make it to the bigs is Packy Naughton just because I love the name.

The Reds do have pieces on the farm, I hope they don't part with them.

I can't believe Snitker started Keuchel on short rest...I know he only threw like 70 some pitches, and sinkerballers seem to be better when their arms are a little tired, but I figured he'd start Julio Teherán and save Keuchel for game 5.

Didn't work out so hot for them, but they do have the lead...

Regarding Mookie. I brought this up at end of Cubs season. They want cap relief and if Cubs don't think Bryant is long term option trade Bryant who has 2 more year of cap friendly number to Cubs for Betts/Bradley Jr. We get them for 1 year. They get Bryant for 2. Win/win for bringing changes to Cubs.

7 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Regarding Mookie. I brought this up at end of Cubs season. They want cap relief and if Cubs don't think Bryant is long term option trade Bryant who has 2 more year of cap friendly number to Cubs for Betts/Bradley Jr. We get them for 1 year. They get Bryant for 2. Win/win for bringing changes to Cubs.

I remember you bringing that up...but how would the Cubs salary situation be with Betts/Bradley?  

If you're a fan of baseball and can momentarily set aside your Cub hatred of St. Louis, this is one of my all-time favorite moments in baseball.  Ankiel was a .240 career batter and had total career earnings of just over $11 million, so he'll never threaten the Hall of Fame, but what a magic moment of redemption.  I'm sure a lot of grown men wiped a tear from their eyes watching...

Archived