2019 MLB Discussion

rico

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Not sure the Dodgers wanted to face Strasburg in a game 5 NLDS. The guy has some of the best stuff in the bigs. And with Corbin and most likely Sherzer ready to pitch out of the bullpen, I think the Dodgers are in trouble.

Pretty sure the Dodgers didn't want to see a game 5 period.

9 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Well well well......… Looks like Mr. Cy Young, Verlander, is human after all! Rays top the Astros 4-1 to send the series back to Houston!

Wonder what the odds were against the Ray's beating Greinke Verlander Cole in 3 in a row? I imagine Cole will be on his A game. 

1 hour ago, rico said:

Twins to exercise option on Nelson Cruz.

As they should....he was the clubhouse leader and an experienced voice on a pretty young team.

They are going to need to upgrade their pitching staff to have any chance of being more than a one-hit wonder. They also made it way too easy on the Yankees by being overly aggressive at bat and expanding the strike zone. As compared to the Yanks who did not go for the off the plate pitches and had a much more patient approach.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/minnesota-twins-101-win-season-goes-out-with-a-whimper-in-alds-sweep-by-yankees/

58 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

As they should....he was the clubhouse leader and an experienced voice on a pretty young team.

They are going to need to upgrade their pitching staff to have any chance of being more than a one-hit wonder. They also made it way too easy on the Yankees by being overly aggressive at bat and expanding the strike zone. As compared to the Yanks who did not go for the off the plate pitches and had a much more patient approach.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/minnesota-twins-101-win-season-goes-out-with-a-whimper-in-alds-sweep-by-yankees/

They are young...they will be fine.  Gonna have to get me a retro Twinkie hat.  Circa 1977.

Well, when the visiting pitcher bats before he throws his first pitch, it's never good.

An error, a bases loaded walk on a 3-2 slider, another bases loaded walk to the pitcher, and a strikeout/passed ball didn't help. The Cards hit a few hard, but the Braves gave them as much as they took.

9 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Good friend from high school, who also happens to be a Purdue alum, is a Cardinals fan living in Atlanta.

I suggested that he call in sick tomorrow.

No response as of yet 

Pretty big deal for Cardinals actually. Since Theo took the helm they haven't been in  LCS since what 2014?? Kudos. Since you mentioned your Purdue friend...it's almost like them making Elite 8. Pretty big deal. 

Archived