2019 MLB Discussion

rico

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Okbut my response was to  STLBoiler who acts like the season is over because they were down 2-0

I was "piggy backing" on your response.  Heck the '79 Pirates were down 3-1 and won the Series.  It ain't over 'til it is over...

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since 1995 (which is as far back as I looked), only the 96 Yankees (World Series vs the Braves) and the 2004 Red Sox (ALCS vs the Yankees) have dropped the first 2 games at home in a 7 game series and went on to win that series.

And with Strasburg, Corbin, Sanchez, and Scherzer again waiting for them, the Cardinals face steep odds...

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Since 1995 (which is as far back as I looked), only the 96 Yankees (World Series vs the Braves) and the 2004 Red Sox (ALCS vs the Yankees) have dropped the first 2 games at home in a 7 game series and went on to win that series.

And with Strasburg, Corbin, Sanchez, and Scherzer again waiting for them, the Cardinals face steep odds...

The Reds series I was talking about was 5 game series and won the first two on the road and had 3 straight at me.  The Giants then went on to win all 3 in a row at Cincy.

On 10/13/2019 at 2:12 PM, IU Scott said:

The Reds series I was talking about was 5 game series and won the first two on the road and had 3 straight at me.  The Giants then went on to win all 3 in a row at Cincy.

That is fine but the Cards are involved in a 7 game series.

On 10/13/2019 at 2:09 PM, IUFLA said:

The 2004 Red Sox weren't at home for the first two in that series.

37 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

IMO Maddon to just about anyone else will be a downgrade.  To your point yes it will

I'd agree with that. The only resume that stacks up to Maddon's that they've interviewed so far is Girardi's. The difference is in their respective philosophies. 

I think it's interesting that Theo is determined to see the interview process through. You would think if anyone had blown him away, the announcement would have already been made.

31 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'd agree with that. The only resume that stacks up to Maddon's that they've interviewed so far is Girardi's. The difference is in their respective philosophies. 

I think it's interesting that Theo is determined to see the interview process through. You would think if anyone had blown him away, the announcement would have already been made.

My thought is that the grass may not be nearly as green as what Cub Nation hope for. 

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

My thought is that the grass may not be nearly as green as what Cub Nation hope for. 

Well, we'll see. I think the Cubs needed a change. 

On a different note, I wonder how people who were condemning the Nats front office a few years back for shutting Strasburg down during the playoffs in 2012 feel now?

29 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Well, we'll see. I think the Cubs needed a change. 

On a different note, I wonder how people who were condemning the Nats front office a few years back for shutting Strasburg down during the playoffs in 2012 feel now?

Cant disagree I just feel the new manager may not deliver the now expected results.  That's perfectly fine by me. 

Exactly a front office looking at the future and a top player as a long term investment and not a win at all cost disposable asset

Archived