2019 MLB Discussion

rico

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Good for Joe. Hope he's succeeds there.

As for the hopes for an Astros/Nats World Series, Strasburg vs Cole and the 2 old former Tigers not named Anabil would be must see TV.

I am loving a potential Verlander/Scherzer match-up.

3 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

As a Yankee fan, I think I have an idea how Boiler feels whenever he posts on here.....

It's funny. Die hard Cubs guy here but always always loved the Pinstripes since DM. I've never gotten or understood the angst. Yankees demand excellence. They use every option they have to their advantage. Fine by me!

12 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

It's funny. Die hard Cubs guy here but always always loved the Pinstripes since DM. I've never gotten or understood the angst. Yankees demand excellence. They use every option they have to their advantage. Fine by me!

I can't say that.  But for all the dislike I have for the Yanks, I sure as hell respect them.

5 minutes ago, rico said:

I can't say that.  But for all the dislike I have for the Yanks, I sure as hell respect them.

In a strange way one of the stats that I find most fascinating about Yankees isn't all the titles, legends,etc.....it's given all of the resources,etc...how in the world did that franchise miss the playoffs every single year from 1982-1994? Or miss the playoffs 3 of 4 years in 2013, 2014, and 2016....or just 1 world series title since 2001. 

Shows how weird or odd or hard to win in baseball is I guess.

34 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

In a strange way one of the stats that I find most fascinating about Yankees isn't all the titles, legends,etc.....it's given all of the resources,etc...how in the world did that franchise miss the playoffs every single year from 1982-1994? Or miss the playoffs 3 of 4 years in 2013, 2014, and 2016....or just 1 world series title since 2001. 

Shows how weird or odd or hard to win in baseball is I guess.

It's truly remarkable the Yankees won back to back to back World Series from '99 to 2000!

BTW, the Yankees did win in '09 against the Phillies. Who could forget the Japanese monster, Hideki Matsui, who won the WS MVP??

7 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

It's truly remarkable the Yankees won back to back to back World Series from '99 to 2000!

BTW, the Yankees did win in '09 against the Phillies. Who could forget the Japanese monster, Hideki Matsui, who won the WS MVP??

Their dominance in mid to  late 90's was dynasty time. We all can agree to that. I was just pointing some rather lengthy absences too. Team with that much going for it should never be out of the playoffs 3 of 4 years.  Just was an odd time for Yankees and fans for sure. 

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Their dominance in mid to  late 90's was dynasty time. We all can agree to that. I was just pointing some rather lengthy absences too. Team with that much going for it should never be out of the playoffs 3 of 4 years.  Just was an odd time for Yankees and fans for sure. 

You left out from 1965-1975.

Just hijacked this from twitter. Thought it was interesting on the youth vs experience debate that so many GM's are fascinated with.

The oldest teams in MLB, by average age: 1. Nationals (31.1) - Made WS 2. Yankees (30.0) - ALCS 3. Braves (29.7) - Won NL East 4. Astros (29.4) - ALCS 5. Dodgers (29.0) - 106 wins 6. Cards (28.8) - Won NL Central

1 hour ago, rico said:

I have a healthy respect for them too, but asking a Cub fan to root for them to get their 28th WS crown is like asking the kid in the UNICEF commercial with the bloated stomach not drool at the meal they're serving the guy on "My 600 lb Life."

3 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Not lookin' good for the Yanks. Bottom of the 5th down 3-1, bases juiced, 1 out, and they get noting. I don't know how many times Astros pitchers get in trouble and the Yankees can't get the big base hit!

Frustrating as heck.....

Not looking good for the Yanks at all.  

8 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Not lookin' good for the Yanks. Bottom of the 5th down 3-1, bases juiced, 1 out, and they get noting. I don't know how many times Astros pitchers get in trouble and the Yankees can't get the big base hit!

Frustrating as heck.....

In Cubs world....that means Aaron Boone should be fired. Managers always need to get hits. Haha.

Tough series for sure. Playoff baseball magnifies the difference between good, really good, and elite. Gleyber Torres I think left about 120 people on base during his 0-5 2 error night...chose a poor time to go dead.

11 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Frustrating as heck.....

With Verlander on full rest staring them in the face, and the Astro offense heating up.

I think you were griping about Cashman's lack of activity in procuring some pitching at the trade deadline...you were absolutely right.

Archived