2019 MLB Discussion

rico

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

With Verlander on full rest staring them in the face, and the Astro offense heating up.

I think you were griping about Cashman's lack of activity in procuring some pitching at the trade deadline...you were absolutely right.

Astros are on the cusp for sure.

Who should have Cashman went after?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I thought Bauer and Robbie Ray were on the Yankees list. Greinke wouldn't go to NY so he wasn't an option...

Actually Bauer does puzzle me, but maybe the Yanks didn't want to give up that much...or they didn't have it?

17 minutes ago, rico said:

Actually Bauer does puzzle me, but maybe the Yanks didn't want to give up that much...or they didn't have it?

According to Cashman, other ball clubs were asking way too much in return. Torres for starters.....

I'm hoping they can make a big splash during the off-season

BTW, Don't know if anyone noticed, but CC Sabathias' career is over. He injured his shoulder after throwing 20 pitches last night. He was a true warrior. Enjoy retirement CC.

10 hours ago, rico said:

C'mon Houston...

I'm torn...

On one hand, a lot of people I work with and live around will be very happy if the Astros win it all...and I like being around happy people. It was amazing today the number of Astro jerseys I saw when I went out to the store an hour ago.

On the other hand, I always kinda rooted for the old Expos franchise. I always felt they were the abused MLB step child. It's be nice for that displaced franchise to win one...

Of course it would also prevent the weeks worth of fireworks I'd have to endure...my wife is always afraid they'll burn down the barn.

So, I'm torn...

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

I'm torn...

On one hand, a lot of people I work with and live around will be very happy if the Astros win it all...and I like being around happy people. It was amazing today the number of Astro jerseys I saw when I went out to the store an hour ago.

On the other hand, I always kinda rooted for the old Expos franchise. I always felt they were the abused MLB step child. It's be nice for that displaced franchise to win one...

Of course it would also prevent the weeks worth of fireworks I'd have to endure...my wife is always afraid they'll burn down the barn.

So, I'm torn...

Yanks get beat...Nats win the WS and I am happy.

Couple of random thoughts. Astros are doing what the Cubs were supposed to do....another World Series. I'm leaning more on Espada over Ross for Cubs. I think the decision (whenever it comes) will be pretty telling. If it's a long haul decision it will be Espada. If it's a win today in the next 2-3 year window decision it will be Girardi. 

Stole this from Zagoria this just now. Edit-Should be win a World Series.

For the folks out there saying ‘this is the first decade since the 1910’s that the Yankees didn’t appear in a World Series,’ they lost the 1981 WS to the Dodgers, prompting The Boss to call Dave Winfield ‘Mr. May.’ 

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

As well to the Yankees. Astros were in a dog fight and the Savages did hang a loss on the great Verlander.

A big base hit here and there, and things could have been different.

Enjoy the series.

You’re right, it could have gone either way. If it makes you feel any better I would pull for the Yankees if they were playing Kentucky.  Considering the injuries the Yankees had to deal with all year, they did a hell of a job.

Archived