2019 MLB Discussion

rico

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

As well to the Yankees. Astros were in a dog fight and the Savages did hang a loss on the great Verlander.

A big base hit here and there, and things could have been different.

Enjoy the series.

In actuality, I am green with envy about the season that you guys had.  I want my 1970's Reds back!!!!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Nothing wrong with a one year wonder.

As the fan of a (formerly) long suffering franchise (St. Louis Blues), I could care less if last year was a one season wonder.

Yeah, you say that now...I said it in 2016 too...

But since, I've bargained with the "Higher Power."

"You remember that 'just once before I die' thing? Are you like, married to that with me? I mean, come on..I'm a pretty good guy...right?"

48 minutes ago, rico said:

According to MLBTR the Phillies are interviewing Buck Showalter, Joe Girardi, and Dusty Baker.

Reds should have never fired Dusty.  Would still not have been a WS contender, but would have been a heck of a lot better than they have been.

2 hours ago, rico said:

According to MLBTR the Phillies are interviewing Buck Showalter, Joe Girardi, and Dusty Baker.

Girardi is the favorite I believe. Falls in line with what I was saying the other day. If Cubs hire Girardi it's because they want to win in the current window immediately. If they want a blend of win now and future it would be Espada. If Philly is ramping up on Girardi it tells me their ownership wants to win right away. All 3 of those managers have win short term written all over them. Not a bad move as I like all 3. 

Archived