2019 MLB Discussion

rico

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

World Series predictions...

I think they split the first 2. Cole over Scherzer and Strasburg over Verlander.

Game 3 will be big. Greinke, who has been warm and cold this post season out duels Corbin.

Game 4 I think the Astros go "bullpen game" (unless they're down 3-0) and the Nats go to Anabil Sanchez. And I think Sanchez wins.

So, games 6 and 7 go back to the matchups in games 1 and 2. And that will be premium October baseball.

I'm picking the Astros in 7, simply because they have home field advantage and had the best home record in MLB. They are big favorites, but unless the time off has killed the Nats momentum, I think it'll be a nail biter.

MVP? Gerrit Cole.

Oh, and one more prediction...Since MLB rules prohibit teams from announcing "big news" until after the World Series, I think the Cubs are hiring Espada.

2nd interview is telling. Also I believe if it was Ross or Girardi, they would have announced it yesterday.

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I think they split the first 2. Cole over Scherzer and Strasburg over Verlander.

Game 3 will be big. Greinke, who has been warm and cold this post season out duels Corbin.

Game 4 I think the Astros go "bullpen game" (unless they're down 3-0) and the Nats go to Anabil Sanchez. And I think Sanchez wins.

So, games 6 and 7 go back to the matchups in games 1 and 2. And that will be premium October baseball.

I'm picking the Astros in 7, simply because they have home field advantage and had the best home record in MLB. They are big favorites, but unless the time off has killed the Nats momentum, I think it'll be a nail biter.

MVP? Garritt Cole.

Depending how things go I can see both teams going with a 3 man rotation.

2 hours ago, rico said:

Depending how things go I can see both teams going with a 3 man rotation.

I don't think either team will do that unless someone is down 3-0. 3-0 or 3-1 after game 4 or ANY elimination game might get somebody pitching on short rest, but I'm guessing at least through game 3 they'll stick to the script.

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I don't think either team will do that unless someone is down 3-0. 3-0 or 3-1 after game 4 or ANY elimination game and I think might get somebody pitching on short rest, but I'm guessing at least through game 3 they'll stick to the script.

I tend to disagree.  1-0, 1-1, 2-1, 2-2.  I see them going with a 3 man.  But what the hell do I know, I am a Reds fan!

6 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Oh, and one more prediction...Since MLB rules prohibit teams from announcing "big news" until after the World Series, I think the Cubs are hiring Espada.

2nd interview is telling. Also I believe if it was Ross or Girardi, they would have announced it yesterday.

I've been leaning towards Espada since last week. Something tells me it still might be Ross. Getting mixed signals on trying to read between the lines. I think it's safe to say Girardi is out. 

20 hours ago, IUFLA said:

MVP? Gerrit Cole.

0 for 1 on the predictions!  LOL

I think baseball needs to do something about the pace of play and how long games take especially in the World Series.  If they want to get the younger kids involved in their sport they can't have games ending after midnight on a school night.  It took 2 hours to play 4 innings and when I went to bed at 11PM it was still in the 7th inning.  One thing is why start the game at 8:07PM on a weeknight and another why not have after noon game son the weekend.  I think it was like 1983 when Baltimore beat Philly and remember the final out of the deciding game was still in the sun light.

1 minute ago, rico said:

Maybe, maybe not.  I say if it goes 7 games he gets 2 more starts.  LOL

Maybe...if the Astros lose the first 2 at home, that'll be a tough hill to climb. And you could be right. With Greinke's anxiety issues, would a game 7 be too much for him?

Archived