2019 MLB Discussion

rico

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm getting a little nervous Cubs fans. Hearing rumors and suggestions of 2 things. 1) Cubs are desperately trying to move and/or dump $ and 2) Bryant discussions with Phillies/Braves have certainly taken place on him being traded. 

Cubs have spent 50 years to find a 3rd baseman and the second we get one who delivers a World Series title we have to trade him because of a few other bad contracts. Gotta love baseball finances! 

Didn't Baez come up as 3rd baseman?

6 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

WooHooo!!! The Yankees got their man!

Gerrit Cole will be wearing the pinstripes for the next 9 years at $324 million

Let the Yankees buying a world series talk begin......

Yankees being Yankees

A move that could backfire...

8 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

WooHooo!!! The Yankees got their man!

Gerrit Cole will be wearing the pinstripes for the next 9 years at $324 million

Let the Yankees buying a world series talk begin......

They did what they needed to do. I still cringe at the idea of paying any player that much but in open markets....willing buyer/willing seller so be it. 

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Cole has never lost a game in his career when gets 5 runs or more. 51-0 is his record. I think Yankees averaged just under 6 last year. If Cole can get them 4-5 wins next season in the playoffs this signing will be worth every penny. 

Thank you sir, well said!!!

You can imagine my excitement when, while watching the Hoosiers play at MSG, they announce the Yankee/Cold signing! It doesn't get any better than that!

44 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Thank you sir, well said!!!

You can imagine my excitement when, while watching the Hoosiers play at MSG, they announce the Yankee/Cold signing! It doesn't get any better than that!

Congrats.

I would have felt the same way except well the Votto contract.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

9 years for a 29 year old pitcher is a big risk.  it will work for a few years but those last 4 or 5 years could be interesting but the Yankees can afford bad contracts.

At least the Yankees blow money on active players. Worst contract in MLB history? Bobby Bonilla's Mets buyout.

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Hawk Harrelson won the Ford Frick award for broadcasting excellence and is going to the Hall of Fame.

Good for Hawk. I'm a Cub fan, but I always liked listening to him doing the White Sox games...

"You can put it on the booooooooard, yes!"

Just can't do it. Hawk and Brennaman...couple others. Just can't do it. Haha..

Archived