2019 MLB Discussion

rico

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, rico said:

Reds pitch 7th shut-out of the year...Cubs pull out one this time.

Glad we came back after our bullpen gave up the lead again. I really want Edwards to get straight and figure his stuff out. I also applaud Maddon for trying to show Edwards he hasn't lost confidence in him. Comes a point where much like hitters who need get shipped down to work on their stuff pitchers need to do the same.

58 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Glad we came back after our bullpen gave up the lead again. I really want Edwards to get straight and figure his stuff out. I also applaud Maddon for trying to show Edwards he hasn't lost confidence in him. Comes a point where much like hitters who need get shipped down to work on their stuff pitchers need to do the same.

The first Cubs run of the game was scored on a brilliant baserunning play by Kris Bryant. Another "lost art."

Bryant is the best baserunner I've seen since Shane Victorino.

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The first Cubs run of the game was scored on a brilliant baserunning play by Kris Bryant. Another "lost art."

Bryant is the best baserunner I've seen since Shane Victorino.

Very special indeed. Ever since scoring from 1st on a single in game 2 of World Series you could tell he's that actually takes great pride in how he handles running the bases. 

Thought this was an interesting stat floating around this morning. On base 9 of 22 times is good...but man we didn't move him from catcher to corner Outfield to do this. I'm all open for ideas anymore with him. Just push him back down to 6 or 7 hole and go from there? Really don't know anymore.

Schwarber leadoff tracker ...last night 0-4 with a walk : 4-22 with 5 walks 4 rbi 4 runs 1 homer 1 triple and cubs 3-3

Hate to sound like a broken record....but the Twins just keep on winning. 

Especially impressive to me, they took 2 of 3 from the Mariners in Seattle, and have won the first two games in Anaheim. They have traditionally struggled on West Coast trips, so this has been an eye opener for Twins fans that they may not just be two month wonders.

56 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Especially impressive to me, they took 2 of 3 from the Mariners in Seattle, and have won the first two games in Anaheim. They have traditionally struggled on West Coast trips, so this has been an eye opener for Twins fans that they may not just be two month wonders.

I see where they are 6.5 up on the Tribe...looking good.

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Playing great baseball! I've even noticed from my normally laser focused NL Central world. 

3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I’d argue Harrison Bader is better. The guy is unreal. 

Haven't seen enough of him to make an informed decision on that. The couple of times I did watch him play, I was impressed by the hustle.

29 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Reds lose a 6-1 lead even with Castillo pitching.  The starting pitcher sin today game were 1 and 2 in ERA in the NL and neither got out of the 3rd inning.

The good news is Votto struck out twice...

16 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Probably at least a few more years. Heck they gave Matheny 6! 

Yeah, but Matheny won a lot. I know there were questions about some of his strategic decisions, but he finished 2, 1, 1, 1, 2, 3, 3 in those 6 1/2 years. 

If the Cardinals continue to struggle this year, I think Schlidt better brush up his resume. Baseball lifers get a pretty narrow shot on their first gig. Ask Rick Renteria. If there's a better option out there at the end of the year, they might may make a move.

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yeah, but Matheny won a lot. I know there were questions about some of his strategic decisions, but he finished 2, 1, 1, 1, 2, 3, 3 in those 6 1/2 years. 

If the Cardinals continue to struggle this year, I think Schlidt better brush up his resume. Baseball lifers get a pretty narrow shot on their first gig. Ask Rick Renteria. If there's a better option out there at the end of the year, they might may make a move.

I said last August on this forum and I'll say the same thing. The rush to remove interim tag, give him job, extend him,etc.....seemed all very rushed, hurried and unlike how the Cardinals usually handle their business.

I don't know the pulse of the fans overall....but the few Cardinal fans I know have never been happy with the hire and want to pursue others as quickly as possible. Obviously the biggest fish out there this upcoming season will be influenced by the Cubs. If Maddon does great and gets an extension it means Girardi would be available. If Cubs don't extend Maddon and hire Girardi....it means Maddon could be available. 

Pretty cool story out of NY yesterday. Rajai Davis (38 year journeyman player) was getting ready for his game in Pennsylvania around 5pm when the Mets called him up and said he needed to get to New York for game that night. He jumps in an Uber ($200) and gets to New York. Gets lost in stadium, finally gets in uniform and he's asked to pinch hit in 3rd inning and promptly launches a 3 run shot. Very, very cool. 

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Pretty cool story out of NY yesterday. Rajai Davis (38 year journeyman player) was getting ready for his game in Pennsylvania around 5pm when the Mets called him up and said he needed to get to New York for game that night. He jumps in an Uber ($200) and gets to New York. Gets lost in stadium, finally gets in uniform and he's asked to pinch hit in 3rd inning and promptly launches a 3 run shot. Very, very cool. 

Rajai Davis...I still panic when I hear that name...

I'm guessing yesterday's blast would be his second most famous dinger...

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Matheny was a winner, couldn't stand him, but he won.

Archived