2019 MLB Discussion

rico

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Here's one. Rizzo has 4 Home Runs since June 1st. His last home run at Wrigley was May 24th. For all the heat others get Rizzo doesn't get enough. 

I dont follow closely at all. When did the Cubs move Bryant to right field.  Was that just to give Almora jr a day off 

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Here's one. Rizzo has 4 Home Runs since June 1st. His last home run at Wrigley was May 24th. For all the heat others get Rizzo doesn't get enough. 

.281/19/60 doesn't sound that bad to me...but I have no idea what his BA is with RISP.

23 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I dont follow closely at all. When did the Cubs move Bryant to right field.  Was that just to give Almora jr a day off 

Honestly Cubs and Joe like to play and move guys around a bit. Zobrist situation has caused many of headaches for the team. Almora isn't an everyday guy.

I have no issue with Ben's choice to stay away. He's a man of God and if he's hurting/struggling with his divorce and how/what happened..... He needs to handle this stuff the way he sees fit but on the field and in clubhouse we've missed him. He was a lead off guy. Moved people along. Makes the pro play. Perfect example last night in the 5th. Bases loaded. Pitcher starting to struggle and  Bote comes up with 1 one out I believe and swings at 3 pitches that hit the plate. 

Honestly Cubs and Joe like to play and move guys around a bit. Zobrist situation has caused many of headaches for the team. Almora isn't an everyday guy.

I have no issue with Ben's choice to stay away. He's a man of God and if he's hurting/struggling with his divorce and how/what happened..... He needs to handle this stuff the way he sees fit but on the field and in clubhouse we've missed him. He was a lead off guy. Moved people along. Makes the pro play. Perfect example last night in the 5th. Bases loaded. Pitcher starting to struggle and  Bote comes up with 1 one out I believe and swings at 3 pitches that hit the plate. 

All great points. Baez and Bote both have errors that were sure fire double play balls. 

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Must be nice to be able to take off work if you re going through a divorce.  I still had to go to work when I was going through my divorce since I would probably lose my job if I have taken off 4 months like Zobrist has.

Just now, IU Scott said:

Must be nice to be able to take off work if you re going through a divorce.  I still had to go to work when I was going through my divorce since I would probably lose my job if I have taken off 4 months like Zobrist has.

Zobrist is not getting paid during this time...

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Have you made over 86 million in your lifetime?

Just now, rico said:

Have you made over 86 million in your lifetime?

That is like two years of salary salary for me LOL!  Not want I meant because he will still have a spot on the team when he wants to come back but for the regular person the company won't usually keep your position open for you.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Seems like a weird comment but ok. Sorry you couldn't take time away from work. I've known plenty on both sides. Some dive into their work. Others have saved enough they don't need to work. To each their own. 

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Seems like a weird comment but ok. Sorry you couldn't take time away from work. I've known plenty on both sides. Some dive into their work. Others have saved enough they don't need to work. To each their own. 

I don't begrudge him taking the time off but most places would not hold your spot in the company while you take a leave like this.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

That is like two years of salary salary for me LOL!  Not want I meant because he will still have a spot on the team when he wants to come back but for the regular person the company won't usually keep your position open for you.

He doesn't need the money.  And any team would pick him up.

4 minutes ago, rico said:

He doesn't need the money.  And any team would pick him up.

If what I heard is true...especially given he was raised by a minister (and his wife was too) it's the ultimate betrayal. Won't share but he's got to be close to mental breakdown as it gets. Theo and Joe did the right thing. Take the time you need. 

If what I heard is true...especially given he was raised by a minister (and his wife was too) it's the ultimate betrayal. Won't share but he's got to be close to mental breakdown as it gets. Theo and Joe did the right thing. Take the time you need. 

I agree. Everyone handles things in their own way and if you have put yourself in position to be able to take time off I applaud it. Me i would not be in position too take months off but I would be more apt to throw myself into work 

Archived