Archie

11 hours ago, Bob said:

hoosierJax , I got to say that Dad thing with Justin Smith bothers me. If Dad is barking on a post you know he is in the ear of his son. His son has great potential, he needs to let the coach bring that out. That kind of thing can fester into serious issues among teammates! Justin needs to handle his Dad. I had a son that played D1 baseball. I wasn’t happy how he was being treated by his coach. After trying to tell my son what he should tell the coach an what he needed to do. My son said Dad I got this you need to let me alone I can handle my own situation here. He did, stayed four years got a good education and made life long friends an tremendous respect from his fellow teammates . Couldn’t be more proud of him! 

Well if Justin's performance on Monday doesn't shut him up, nothing will.

It’s weird that we’re talking about chemistry issues now when the players went out of their way to mention how they were a tight knit group at the beginning of the season.  Maybe that was just empty talk, but it’s not like anyone was making them say that.  Wonder what happened.

13 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

I was at the game on Monday,row 30 and I could see some reaction from players...giving up on plays,turning and shaking  their heads like they were disgusted ,one was during a time out in the huddle,some run back to the bench during a timeout others just kinda walk back....then I talked to a guy this morning that had been in and around Assembled Hall and he was telling me things that I was not surprised to here...not going to call out names but if one pays attention you can pick up what's being put down...I'm not Dr.Phil but once I started looking I could notice things that just don't seem right ...and the Nebraska game showed that..but it's not to late to right the ship...but you don't want to shoot holes in the ship your riding

So I can be comprehensively challenged at times. 

Does it mean you wait till after season to get rid of the bad apples because the ship we are riding is led by Morgan and Romeo ? 

Cause I couldn’t fathom one of those two being involved with any kind of selfishness.

17 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

CHEMISTRY CHEMISTRY CHEMISTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It could be Archie finds himself in the unenviable position of trying to keep Justin engaged because he knows the chasm it leaves in next year’s squad if he transfers.  Juwan graduates, Romeo to the NBA.

That said, Archie seems to be at his best when deck is stacked against him.  We’d return very little experience but with Archie coaching and the deck cleared of drama, next year could definitely turn into a pleasant surprise.  

5 hours ago, Fundamentals said:

It could be Archie finds himself in the unenviable position of trying to keep Justin engaged because he knows the chasm it leaves in next year’s squad if he transfers.  Juwan graduates, Romeo to the NBA.

That said, Archie seems to be at his best when deck is stacked against him.  We’d return very little experience but with Archie coaching and the deck cleared of drama, next year could definitely turn into a pleasant surprise.  

i honestly wish i had your optimism.  To me next year looks even worst than this year with losing Morgan and Langford and seeing no development for Green and Smith.  All i see is the "we're so young" excuse being used again, which we have been using for 10 years.  I hope you're right and it's a pleasant surprised

I've been a big supporter of Smith when others were calling him out!

His D and rebounding were pretty good, but if he is the cause of the chemistry issues, then he needs to sit!

Archie needs to let Smith (and his Dad) know that nobody is more important than then the team. The bench is a great motivator, often times, the team needs to see it!

If he is a cancer to the team this year, then odds are he'll be next year too! Why worry about him returning, fix the damn problem now!

ATTITUDE, ATTITUDE, ATTITUDE!!!

I do not have enough facts to single out any specific player.  That ssid, I cannot imagine playing with a LESS selfish elite player than Romeo.  If there is jealousy to the degree implied, then these players do not  have a clue.  What would they do if they had a teammate like Jimmy Butler?

I am on board with much of thoughts here.  Not pleased with the way things have gone this year and last year to an extent.  I knew and still know it is a process and takes time.  However, I was expecting to see a little growth this year from some of the guys and I don't see it.  Maybe it is some players attitudes or team chemistry and maybe some of it is coaching.  I'm not there, I don't know.

While I love seeing Archie recruit in state kids and high 4 star and 5 star kids, I do hope he is recruiting a team and not just to rankings.  It's important to have a well rounded team with players who know their roles.  Just throwing together high ranked kids or kids from Indiana isn't a recipe for success.  It takes more than that.  A coach needs to know how to team build and motivate.  He needs to recruit players that fit that mold and can gel as a team.  I don't see that with this group of players and I don't see CAM motivating these guys yet.

I don't see the effort and passion with this team or many of these players.  That is my biggest disappointment and criticism I have.  Maybe it will take CAM a few years to get his kind of guys in there.  I just hope that he is recruiting with player coachability in mind. 

Archived