What Needs to Change to Save this Season?

have to go to Romeo and Juwan the first few possessions every game.  shots don't come from anyone else unless it is just an uncontested shot.  keep Fitzner and McRoberts out of the game.  the tougher thing... figure out our chemistry issues and figure out why we seem to suddenly have absolutely no fire.  

Well, if we are playing 2 on 5 at all times on offense, run Romeo and Morgan on pick and rolls all game and have the other 3 stay out of the way.  Have Green, Anderson, Rob and Fitz as a comination of the other 3 since they give us the best chance to hit a kick out 3 when the other team starts putting their defender in the lane.

And im only about half serious with this...  

23 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

For starters I'd like to stay healthy for just 10 days in a row. Secondly ball is handled by RP or Romeo at the start of each set. I'd run JS back and forth along baseline looking for either easy alley oops from driving guards or be in a position to freaking rebound. Commit to getting Morgan 15 shots on the block every game. If we do just those things the wins and lots more of them will come. 

12 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Exactly right.

Someone earlier was using the argument that CAM’s offensive philosophy was based on Carolina transition and that we haven’t seen that. Hard to play in transition if you can’t rebound and have to send the guards to the boards to help out 

It was not an argument.   It was directly copied and pasted from some website by the o.p.   it said after an opponent basket, CAM looks to employ a Carolina transition offense.  Not after a rebound.  

Edit "If anopponent scores, Miller employs a "Carolina transition offense" to create scoring opportunities which flow right into a motion offense."

I'll ask again.  Why we don't see this?  

7 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

It was not an argument.   It was directly copied and pasted from some website by the o.p.   it said after an opponent basket, CAM looks to employ a Carolina transition offense.  Not after a rebound.  

Edit "If anopponent scores, Miller employs a "Carolina transition offense" to create scoring opportunities which flow right into a motion offense."

I'll ask again.  Why we don't see this?  

Maybe argument was the wrong word, but going back to what I said...you can't run transition if you aren't getting rebounds. Our inside guys are fighting off opponents, at least recently, who are bigger and stronger. If the guards have to crash the boards to help alleviate this, they aren't in position to start a transition break either.

19 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Maybe argument was the wrong word, but going back to what I said...you can't run transition if you aren't getting rebounds. Our inside guys are fighting off opponents, at least recently, who are bigger and stronger. If the guards have to crash the boards to help alleviate this, they aren't in position to start a transition break either.

It says after an opponent make.  

After a make it's about mindset.  Juwan Morgan can outrun any big man guarding him.   Justin Smith at the 4, no chance.  I personally think we are not doing it because our guards have been and were making so many turnovers.  That's why I say it's time to starting getting out and run again.  Risk benefit but our offense has become so stagnant and turnovers have been around 7 multiple games in a row.  

14 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

It says after an opponent make.  

After a make it's about mindset.  Juwan Morgan can outrun any big man guarding him.   Justin Smith at the 4, no chance.  I personally think we are not doing it because our guards have been and were making so many turnovers.  That's why I say it's time to starting getting out and run again.  Risk benefit but our offense has become so stagnant and turnovers have been around 7 multiple games in a row.  

After the make inbound to the 1 up ahead to the 2 hit the 5 on the block. Simple effective with our talent no reason not to transition after makes plus after a couple scores the offensive will slow down their offensive rebound to start getting back on D. I just want to see this team  RUN RUN RUN

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

After the make inbound to the 1 up ahead to the 2 hit the 5 on the block. Simple effective with our talent no reason not to transition after makes plus after a couple scores the offensive will slow down their offensive rebound to start getting back on D. I just want to see this team  RUN RUN RUN

Hard to run when you have your back to the opposite basket listening to your coach yell instructions.

I’m sure there are a lot of good points I haven’t read them all...I’d just like to see him trust our youth. Steadily see more Anderson and Moore and less and less of Fitz and Mcbob. Sure we may have some mistakes but their energy and offensive ability should offset those mistakes. It doesn’t have to be major minutes but getting them say 6-8 minutes a night in 2 minute spurts...maybe they catch fire...Fitz and McRoberts kill us. I also like seeing the ball in Romeos hands more and running the offense through him and Juwan. Waiting til the shot clock runs down isn’t helping. 

Archived