Purdue Pregame Thread

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Everyone knows how much I despise any thing  connected to turdue ! So it is painful for me to make this post ! However , the system I use for making picks says : pee yee 74 IU 72 ! I sure hope that damn system is wrong !!!!!!!!!!!?😡😡😠

HTD love you and take this with all the love intended but yuo can shove that system right up your hind end!!! VBG!!!

14 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Everyone knows how much I despise any thing  connected to turdue ! So it is painful for me to make this post ! However , the system I use for making picks says : pee yee 74 IU 72 ! I sure hope that damn system is wrong !!!!!!!!!!!?😡😡😠

So what you are saying is, as an IU fan,  that you predict the "toiletmakers" over the "loosiers".  Gotcha.

Purdue's hot, and we're not.  However, I think we match up well against Purdue.  They have two bigs in Haarms and Williams but neither of these two are going to be much of an offensive threat.  Purdue will have problems matching up with Romeo and Morgan defensively.

1 minute ago, slojoe said:

Purdue's hot, and we're not.  However, I think we match up well against Purdue.  They have two bigs in Haarms and Williams but neither of these two are going to be much of an offensive threat.  Purdue will have problems matching up with Romeo and Morgan defensively.

Have you watched Williams lately because he is becoming a force

How thick is Romeo and Rob's skin? They are going to be the targets of a lot of verbal abuse in the first few minutes of the game. If they can get through that without being rattled, can settle down and shut the crowd up, then IU can win this game. Juwan and McRob especially, have been in this environment and need to help the young kids not get too caught up in the emotions of the rivalry. 

Where we struggle the most is against a dominant big(s) in the post, for example Fernando from Maryland destroyed us and no one on our team could stop him.  PU does not have a big like this, harms it tall and has length but wont play as physical as Fernando did.  I think the game is closer than what a lot think.  I think we try and use a similar game plan like we did for Howard from Marquette on Edwards.  Edwards will get his points but how efficient will he be is the question.  I think IU 67, PU 64 in a dog fight. 

7 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

How thick is Romeo and Rob's skin? They are going to be the targets of a lot of verbal abuse in the first few minutes of the game. If they can get through that without being rattled, can settle down and shut the crowd up, then IU can win this game. Juwan and McRob especially, have been in this environment and need to help the young kids not get too caught up in the emotions of the rivalry. 

Why Romeo? Because he’s good? I fully expect RP to be greeted with a significant amount of booing for obvious reasons but don’t think that’ll be the case with Romeo at all. Maybe a few things here or there but nothing too crazy. 

5 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Where we struggle the most is against a dominant big(s) in the post, for example Fernando from Maryland destroyed us and no one on our team could stop him.  PU does not have a big like this, harms it tall and has length but wont play as physical as Fernando did.  I think the game is closer than what a lot think.  I think we try and use a similar game plan like we did for Howard from Marquette on Edwards.  Edwards will get his points but how efficient will he be is the question.  I think IU 67, PU 64 in a dog fight. 

Not sure why you’re forgetting to mention Trevion Williams. He might be a guy who’s a tough matchup for your bigs. 

5 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

When: Saturday, 1/19 at 2pm ET on Fox

Vegas: TBD

ESPN: #35 Indiana vs #14 Purdue. 24% chance of IU victory with an expected margin of Purdue +7

KenPom: #32 Indiana vs #13 Purdue. 27% chance of IU victory with an expected score of Purdue 76, IU 69

IU Scouting Report

image.png.1ee7c3dd042b16fea235b93d40891d84.png

image.png.5d0170d7f229728b59554e158dd718cb.png

Purdue Scouting Report

image.png.e997b952dd7554fa43486b44c5c6f466.png

image.png.1ea14cbfdce940daee71b27c485d93d8.png

Contrasting strengths here. Purdue is a much better offensive team by the numbers. They do a great job of not turning the ball over and crashing the offensive glass, meanwhile we are among the lowest in both of those categories. We are toward the bottom in free throw shooting, they are right in the middle at 71%.We excel at 2p shots, they are better from 3p range.

Defensively we have been much better. Purdue is among the worst teams at field goal percentage allowed, while we are among the best. The problem is that Purdue's biggest weakness is giving up the three, and we don't shoot it well enough to take advantage. We have not been good about keeping opponents off the offensive glass, and as one of their key strengths, look for Purdue to take advantage of this. Purdue is also better at turning the other team over, so how we handle the Mackey crowd will go a long way in determining if we have a shot here. Both teams are good about not sending their opponent to the line.

To win, we will need to have a great afternoon shooting the three. We will also need to keep Purdue from getting second chance opportunities while protecting the three point line, not always easy to do with long rebounds. Protecting the ball, as always, will be paramount.

We all know about Carsen Edwards. He is averaging 25 ppg, shooting 43% from the field and 38% from 3. Ryan Cline is averaging 13 ppg and shooting it at 41% from 3. Those are their two big offensive threats that we will need to contain. If they get off from three, it is going to be a long afternoon. No one else averages double figures, and Purdue is not a well-rounded team. They do have size, as Matt Haarms is averaging 59% from the field while Trevion Williams is shooting it at 57%. Trevion Williams is the bigger threat here, as we don't really have someone that can match up with him size-wise. That being said, Grady Eifert is their only player averaging 5 rebounds per game.

Great pregame information. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Why Romeo? Because he’s good? I fully expect RP to be greeted with a significant amount of booing for obvious reasons but don’t think that’ll be the case with Romeo at all. Maybe a few things here or there but nothing too crazy. 

Romeo- Indiana kid. Indiana Mr Basketball that didn’t give Painter much more than the time of day. Deserved attention for how well he’s played. The supposed “showdown “ with your defensive stopper🤪 Eastern. 

Seems to be ample reason for him to be targeted 

Archived