Purdue Pregame Thread

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Why Romeo? Because he’s good? I fully expect RP to be greeted with a significant amount of booing for obvious reasons but don’t think that’ll be the case with Romeo at all. Maybe a few things here or there but nothing too crazy. 

The curator of your "Paint Crew" twitter account accused the Langfords of being on the take. Yeah, I'm sure nothing will be said to him...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Romeo- Indiana kid. Indiana Mr Basketball that didn’t give Painter much more than the time of day. Deserved attention for how well he’s played. The supposed “showdown “ with your defensive stopper🤪 Eastern. 

Seems to be ample reason for him to be targeted 

Romeo could score 30 and they would figure out a way to say Eastern shut him down. 🙄

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Why Romeo? Because he’s good? I fully expect RP to be greeted with a significant amount of booing for obvious reasons but don’t think that’ll be the case with Romeo at all. Maybe a few things here or there but nothing too crazy. 

Why do they chant IU SUCKS every game, who knows so I expect RL to get his share of attention from the crowd. Would not be the least bit surprised to see MOMMA JELLY leading the way 

I can only assume that CAM will not be embarrassed like we were on Monday and has lit a fire under these boys.  I think we come out with a very high energy level on defense, and I think RP plays a pivotal role in making CE inefficient.  This is the game Romeo takes over and leads us to victory.  I’ll take IU 68-61 in a hard fought game.  

Until I see us put forth consistent good play let alone on the road I don't know how I could pick us to win a rivalry game on the road. Which is probably why they will. I'm not sure who I put on Carsen. I don't think Romeo is the answer because I think on the road he could pick up a couple of cheap fouls and hurt us on both ends. 

My neighbor has tickets but has been hinting at not going because of the winter storm coming. Hopefully he backs out so I can go. 

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

unfortunately we know that Purdue will set the tone with solid defense and toughness.  Morgan will get in early foul trouble.  even though their bigs aren't that great, we won't be able to stop them inside.  gonna be ugly.  

I see it the same. Just my opinion 

It's not feeling confident that we will win that is bothering me.  An Away L to PU is not the worst thing to happen this season.  What is bothering me is that I can't feel confident that we will play tough, tenacious, and leave it all on the court at the end of the game!  If we can do that the score will not matter to me.  

1 hour ago, FWIUFan said:

It's not feeling confident that we will win that is bothering me.  An Away L to PU is not the worst thing to happen this season.  What is bothering me is that I can't feel confident that we will play tough, tenacious, and leave it all on the court at the end of the game!  If we can do that the score will not matter to me.  

Great post! Score rarely matters to me, if we play the way you described, wins will take care of themselves! We need an Attitude Adjustment!

6 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Take away the 4 or 5 inch height difference, but I see Fitz matching up pretty decent against Harms and having a decent game assuming he plays Saturday.  Both are about the same weight. 

Moore also should be able to handle Haarms. I'd like to see him get a chance. If Davis is doing better, put him on Williams?

Against Marquette (in only 17 minutes of playing time ) Evan Fitzner scored 16 points and hit all four of his three point attempts ! This was the Evan Fitzner I saw play at St. Mary's of California for three seasons and expected to see at IU ! I cannot understand what happened to him since ??? I hope he bounces back vs.the. Smellermakers !!! P S , Marquette has only lost 3 times so far !!!

21 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sounds like know good progress on Davis and Durham out tomorrow and beyond according to our very own. 

Demezi definitely getting time then.  If not he may never again.  Think Moore can handle Harms just fine.   Their other big kid may be a different story,  we may put up a season high

On 1/16/2019 at 12:20 PM, dbmhoosier said:

I thought we'd beat Nebraska but this looks like a bloodbath.  Porky will be looking to send a message to Archie, Rob, Romeo, Damezi, TJD, and Brooks and it won't be pretty.  PU bu 25 unfortunately.

I have no idea, literally, what's going to happen, but I don't think we'll see this, after getting blitzed by Nebraska. We reacted well to the loss to Duke. The team will be getting ready for this game after the Nebraska beat down. Again no idea how it turns out, but I think we come to fight.

Archived