Chick-fil-A

rico

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, rico said:

I am pretty familiar with the Fort.  No Long John Silver's.  No Captain D's.  No White Castle's.  No Popeye's.  The little lady(Fort Wayne native) loves it when we travel south.  She wants to eat at these fast food places that she has only seen on TV.  

There used to be both Long John Silver's and Captain D's in Ft. Wayne. Both have shut down. There is a Popeye's on S, Clinton, down by South Side High School.

To my dismay, no White Castle's. Nearest one is in Muncie. However, there is Power's Burgers which is very similar.

19 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

There used to be both Long John Silver's and Captain D's in Ft. Wayne. Both have shut down. There is a Popeye's on S, Clinton, down by South Side High School.

To my dismay, no White Castle's. Nearest one is in Muncie. However, there is Power's Burgers which is very similar.

Well, I stand corrected.  Not an area that my travels take me.  But I will stay with Lee's Famous Recipe!!!!!

On 1/17/2019 at 8:56 AM, Steubenhoosier said:

Live in the Angola area. Work in Ft. Wayne. No Penguin Point in Angola. Rarely ever make it to the Waynedale area of Ft. Wayne, where the only PP restaurant is 

There used to be one in Angola (PP). Been going to them since I was little (Warsaw, Angola, Goshen, etc). Still go when we can. 

2 hours ago, rd726 said:

There used to be one in Angola (PP). Been going to them since I was little (Warsaw, Angola, Goshen, etc). Still go when we can. 

I don't recall a Penguin Point in Angola, there was one in Coldwater, Michigan right across the border.

3 hours ago, rd726 said:

It was right on 20 right as you entered the West part of town, by Tri-State. If I remember correctly it was right by some railroad tracks. 

Yep, you jarred my memory.  There was one there.  Seems that every town in our neck of the woods HAD one.  Not so much anymore.  There is no longer ones in Columbia City or Huntington.  But yet it seems they keep plugging along.  Now I am hungry for a Big Wally.

• 4 weeks later...

Just found this thread and had to chime in. Was a big fan of Chick Fil A for the first few years when they were new in town. Much prefer them over McD and BK. Wendys isn't too bad. Don't like their waffle fries but they are almost always hot so that's a +. There is usually a line and yes they are by far the most profitable fast food joint. They have a nice Frosted Lemonade for when the weather warms up.  Put some buffalo sauce on their chicken sandwich and you have a good sandwich.

They opened a PDQ across the street from the one near me and I prefer their tenders. The PDQ didn't seem to take any business away from the Chick.

The best chicken fingers/ tenders I have came across are from Raising Canes. https://www.raisingcanes.com/ in case you are not familiar with them. The Jewel grocery store had some good tenders years ago before they changed their recipe to make them healthier. 

I love a Chickfila sandwich or biscuit.  Here in the Carolina's they are everywhere and each one does well.  And the drive thru process they have is 2nd to none.  Yes the line of cars will wrap around the building but it moves so fast.  You might have 10 cars in front of you but you'd still get your food faster than 1 car ahead of you at McDonalds.

But seriously if you like a really good chicken sandwich you've got to come to Charleston,SC(there is a location in Chicago to) and go to Boxcar Betty's.  Its amazing.

20180811_112719.jpg

On 2/16/2019 at 12:52 PM, Reacher said:

Just found this thread and had to chime in. Was a big fan of Chick Fil A for the first few years when they were new in town. Much prefer them over McD and BK. Wendys isn't too bad. Don't like their waffle fries but they are almost always hot so that's a +. There is usually a line and yes they are by far the most profitable fast food joint. They have a nice Frosted Lemonade for when the weather warms up.  Put some buffalo sauce on their chicken sandwich and you have a good sandwich.

They opened a PDQ across the street from the one near me and I prefer their tenders. The PDQ didn't seem to take any business away from the Chick.

The best chicken fingers/ tenders I have came across are from Raising Canes. https://www.raisingcanes.com/ in case you are not familiar with them. The Jewel grocery store had some good tenders years ago before they changed their recipe to make them healthier. 

Thanks for the raising canes reminder. Been wanting to try it for a while.  Now I see they have a location in Owensboro,Ky which makes it easier for me to get to. 

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

ChickfilA is good. Their chicken tortilla soup is the best soup I've ever had.

Best chicken tenders are at Slim Chicken's. None in Indiana yet, but Houston is getting them all over the place.

Wish In n Out would hurry up and get here.

The company I work for has their headquarters in Dallas. One of the fringe benefits (for me anyway) is the fact that the office is about a block and a half from an In-n-Out. Get my double-double Animal style fix a few times a year now.

Archived