Jack Tuttle Press Conference

• 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Fields granted immediate eligibility for OSU. The NCAA is being a lot more lenient about allowing transfers to be immediately eligible.

Since IU has openly talked about how they're confident he'll be immediately eligible, I'd be shocked (pissed off?) if he isn't.

I was just going to post this.  From what I heard Tuttle has a solid case to get cleared.

https://247sports.com/Article/Tate-Martell-transfer-waiver-breakdown-change-NCAA-transfer-system-128973860/

Another transfer case to keep an eye on.  Also, it says in the article, "the more recent modification to the wavier guidelines that allows an athlete to cite "documented mitigating circumstances that are outside the student-athlete's control and directly impact the health, safety and well-being of the student-athlete." Fifty-one of 64 NCAA players who appealed for immediate eligibility since that modification saw their waivers approved, per the most recent NCAA data."

• 1 month later...

Why did the NCAA allow Martell immediate eligibility? Because OSU didn't oppose his transfer.

If Tuttle isn't granted eligibility for this year, I'm going to rub human feces under the door handle of all of the NCAA offices so they grab it when they open their door. I'm going to send them caramel covered onions. I'm going to put plastic wrap over their toilets (but under the seat). I'm going to send them chocolate covered Carolina reapers.

Needless to say, it will be a crock of poopie if he isn't immediately eligible.

14 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Why did the NCAA allow Martell immediate eligibility? Because OSU didn't oppose his transfer.

If Tuttle isn't granted eligibility for this year, I'm going to rub human feces under the door handle of all of the NCAA offices so they grab it when they open their door. I'm going to send them caramel covered onions. I'm going to put plastic wrap over their toilets (but under the seat). I'm going to send them chocolate covered Carolina reapers.

The NCAA is nothing but a book of rules that is a billion dollar industry. For all the weight the public gives the NCAA, and as poor ass job as it has done at times, it is hard to believe people still look at it as a real unbiased rule following entity. It is currently facing numerous lawsuits, so it has in fact become more relaxed about transfers because cases are working their way through the system and the NCAA will lose if they are not settled. And if they lose it will fall to the courts to start regulating the NCAA and that is the last thing they want. Right now the NCAA has little or no real oversight. PennSt ongoingly molested kids and NCAA let them off, NC Tarheels use player and put them in dummy classes and the ncaa lets them off, but if IU picked up a quarter that wasn’t given the NCAA would threaten a death penalty. The examples of how biased the ncaa is goes on and on. The NCAA operates on a weighted scale. If your program is a heavy weight income producer, the scales tilt in your favor. The football playoff system is a gross example of that weight. The money makers get favored over the weaker and the wealth is distributed to the lower programs as a means of keeping them quiet because there is a real concern that if a lesser program did not have the handouts from the ncaa the program could fail. Folks, if the NCAA tells you to breath, you should check your pockets and then test the air because there is an unseen objective.

On 3/23/2019 at 12:54 AM, Leathernecks said:

I'll have 5 beers, half a dozen White Castles, 3 Chalupas, a double dose of ex-lax, and just for good measure, a shot of mineral oil. Then I'll drive to the NCAA's offices and leave an upper decker in any accessible restroom I can find.

6 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

I'll have 5 beers, half a dozen White Castles, 3 Chalupas, a double dose of ex-lax, and just for good measure, a shot of mineral oil. Then I'll drive to the NCAA's offices and leave an upper decker in any accessible restroom I can find.

Be aware you likely would not be the first to attempt to do this.  They likey now have hi tech sensors that can detect an in progress double decker.  You may need to consider alternate strategies such as potted plants and waste recepticals.  

27 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Be aware you likely would not be the first to attempt to do this.  They likey now have hi tech sensors that can detect an in progress double decker.  You may need to consider alternate strategies such as potted plants and waste recepticals.  

Who do you think I am? Eli Holman?

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article228141464.html

More info about the Martell transfer.  Two important quotes from the article:

• "Leach (Martell's attorney), according to a UM source, made the case that after landing quarterback Justin Fields from Georgia, Ohio State made no efforts to keep Martell. This argument carried weight with the NCAA."
  • "Ohio State’s change of coaches, from Urban Meyer to Ryan Day, was not believed to be a major issue in convincing the NCAA to make Martell eligible."

With that information, I really don't see how they can rule Tuttle ineligible.  He transferred mid-season, and it was so early in the year he was able to withdraw from all of his classes.  It was like he never even went to Utah.  He didn't even get to play in blowouts, so I don't see how anybody could say it wasn't a mutual split between him and Utah.

Tuttle also committed (not signed) to Utah a few weeks before they hired a new offensive coordinator, so the case could be made that he committed to a different coach.

14 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article228141464.html

More info about the Martell transfer.  Two important quotes from the article:

• "Leach (Martell's attorney), according to a UM source, made the case that after landing quarterback Justin Fields from Georgia, Ohio State made no efforts to keep Martell. This argument carried weight with the NCAA."
  • "Ohio State’s change of coaches, from Urban Meyer to Ryan Day, was not believed to be a major issue in convincing the NCAA to make Martell eligible."

With that information, I really don't see how they can rule Tuttle ineligible.  He transferred mid-season, and it was so early in the year he was able to withdraw from all of his classes.  It was like he never even went to Utah.  He didn't even get to play in blowouts, so I don't see how anybody could say it wasn't a mutual split between him and Utah.

Tuttle also committed (not signed) to Utah a few weeks before they hired a new offensive coordinator, so the case could be made that he committed to a different coach.

Hope so. We have to be the only program in the country waiting on a transfer still. 

Archived