Grad Transfer Selection.

I would like to know who made the decision to recruit Evan Fitzner. I have not seen this asked by any journalist.  How come Fitzner didn't even show up as one of the potential top 30 transfers for 2018. Also why would you recruit someone who did not even average double digits in scoring. This is completely mind boggling to me.  Kentucky's starting center..........grad transfer.  One of Gonzaga's leading scorers, grad transfer. One of Iowa States leading scorers, grad transfer.  If I question Archie on anything it has been roster management, very poor in my opinion.  

1 hour ago, StLHoosier said:

How do you know who they did or didn't try to get?  Maybe they did try to get someone "better" and it just didn't pan out.  He hasn't played well, but I bet you wouldn't have asked this question after the Marquette game. 

True but he hasn't done anything since then.  The question is why?  What happened.  Marquette is a good team.  Where did that Fitz go?

I guess my concern was that the entire 2017-2018 season Fitzner ONLY averaged 5.0 pts per game and shot .400 from 3.  That is terrible.  Am I to believe that given Romeo Langford and Juwan coming back that Arch couldn't secure a better transfer than Fitz.   If Fitzner had averaged 12.0 points per game I would have no problem on the choice.  

I think we were specifically targeting a big since we didn’t know about Davis’s health and they didn’t think Moore was ready. I still wish we could have gotten more out of that but it is what it is. I think we thought we could get space for Fitz jumper...but it hasn’t happened. He is just a half second slow on his release and can’t get it off.

5 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

If we want to add an injury cursed player to our team yes but I'm thinking more crean will go after him

Can't argue there.  Stat wise, he is good.  If it ain't gonna be us(which it won't) then I hope he does end up at UGA.

22 hours ago, Lookingforahard6th said:

Maybe they did, but they should have been all in on Marial Shayok from Virginia. Here you have a kid that has spent 3 years learning the pack line defense and can score, you also know he is a good kid having played for Bennett.  Currently he is averaging 19.4 points per game at Iowa State.

Shayok was not a grad transfer, he sat out last year at ISU.

Archived