Damezi Anderson and Jake Forrester Issues

I don't want to start rumors, but here was an observation I made during the Nebraska  pre-game warmups.  It seems like Jake, Damezi and Hunter like to clown around quite a bit. Example, Indiana takes the court 4:00 before game like always and I watch Jake Forester shoot a freaking air ball jump shot, an air ball. He proceeds to giggle and look over at Hunter.  Jake and Damezi are always laughing during warmups unlike Romeo and Phinessee and others who seem to be taking things seriously.  Is there any possibilities or what do people think that maybe some players have "broken some rules" but Arch really can't officially suspend them or he literally would have no team.  It just makes zero sense that Damezi wouldn't play.  That kid from Ben Davis plays a lot for Michigan State and he was just a 3 star recruit where Damezi was a 4 star.  

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Lookingforahard6th said:

I understand that Archie will discipline his players and that is what I mean.  He is disciplining them by not playing them in games.  Am I really to believe that Damezi Anderson should not be getting 5-10 minutes a game if so then why did he recruit him. Makes no sense to me.

You might be onto something there.  As far as the "joking around" part.  It might very well piss Archie off and that is why they don't see minutes.  But as a guy that lives close to South Bend, Damezi is a dang fine player....can't speak for Jake.

With all due respect to the OP.  And I do understand your concern about the seriousness or lack, shown by certain members of our team during the past several games, downturn.  However, these are young men.... playing a game.  Personally, I don't have a problem with a little fun, and smiles around.  Because of your post, I went back and reviewed some of our previous games, this season.  And spent time looking at the bench, rather than the game.  What I saw was a whole spectrum of emotions. From excitement to what looked like indifference all at the same time.  One guy who seems to be unattached at times, on the bench, is my guy.... De'Ron.  But I know for a fact that is just his demeanor.  He was that way in high school. 

IU fans are serious basketball fans.  While I don't have a problem with that....I sometimes wonder if it goes to extremes at times.

Lastly.... thanks for starting this thread.  And a hearty welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation !

In the games I have seen, Jake is one of the most engaged guys on the bench.  Having fun is not always the same as not taking something seriously.  That said, there is a time and place for everything, but I have to believe Archie would have already addressed it if it bothers him.

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

In the games I have seen, Jake is one of the most engaged guys on the bench.  Having fun is not always the same as not taking something seriously.  That said, there is a time and place for everything, but I have to believe Archie would have already addressed it if it bothers him.

I am always watching things like this. I look for body language, facial expressions, especially during one on ones with Archie or during time outs. The one I notice the most is Clifton Moore. He rarely shows emotion or even cheers on the bench and often times looks ticked. It is almost if he is thinking, "This sucks, I need to find a place that I can play more cause it's not gonna be here!" 

49 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

With all due respect to the OP.  And I do understand your concern about the seriousness or lack, shown by certain members of our team during the past several games, downturn.  However, these are young men.... playing a game.  Personally, I don't have a problem with a little fun, and smiles around.  Because of your post, I went back and reviewed some of our previous games, this season.  And spent time looking at the bench, rather than the game.  What I saw was a whole spectrum of emotions. From excitement to what looked like indifference all at the same time.  One guy who seems to be unattached at times, on the bench, is my guy.... De'Ron.  But I know for a fact that is just his demeanor.  He was that way in high school. 

IU fans are serious basketball fans.  While I don't have a problem with that....I sometimes wonder if it goes to extremes at times.

Lastly.... thanks for starting this thread.  And a hearty welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation !

While I don't disagree that IU has a serious fanbase, most of us are just tired of losing. I don't care if the players on the bench have a 10 minute tea party as long as we win the game.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

I agree.  But it doesn't matter what you think, I think, or any other fan.  It is what Archie thinks.

I don't agree about the Clifton Moore assessment.  I think he's very focused on what he is trying to do and if anything is probably thinking about where he needs to be defensively.  I know this is total old school, but Moore should have started the 2nd half against Nebraska for his productive first half minutes, even if just for 2-3 minutes of time.  BTW did anyone see Nebraska miss 15 straight 3's last night, what a joke.  

2 hours ago, Lookingforahard6th said:

It's not funny when you get your ass kicked at home by Nebraska, just saying.

I appreciate what you are seeing but should they have known BEFORE the game that they were going to get their asses kicked and should not have been laughing?  I mean, if they win, do we say that it is because they were loose and in a good mood but if they lose it is because they weren't taking it seriously?  

These are 18 year olds...and hind sight is 20/20. 

Archived