Purdue Game Thread

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

No thank you, don't really enjoy the NBA but just wish basketball would go back to playing that way because it is a better way of running your offense.

Villanova does it.  Golden st had 38 assist the game they dropped 51 in one quarter.  Kerr said, "it was beautiful,  beautiful basketball."

1 minute ago, CincyHoosier said:

How does someone watch this and not question the coach? I like Archie but this isunacceptable.  Not saying he isn't the right guy but it's fair to question why the hell we get blown out twice in a row by mediocre teams.

I defended Fitz and McRoberts all offseason. But I can't fathom why they get any PT

Just now, BEKA said:

This roster is dumb. Archie has done what was asked of him in terms of "locking down the state", but is this one-dimensional approach to recruiting limiting how he can build a roster? I'm not being a smart ass, just a genuine question. 

Literally ONE of those "lock down the state" classes is on the team, and they are freshman. So no, it's not.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not even close. Archie will get his guys in here but year 1.3 is not the time to start questioning things. That's why IU is in the position we're in. Be better. 

Whoa whoa whoa, we are not in the position we are in by being too quick to pull the trigger, it is exactly the opposite.  We gave Mike Davis way to much time before he was fired and it took almost a decade of Crean ball and the fanbase being completely off his wagon before the school made a move.  I would argue that we are where we are at because we wait too long to pull the plug when it becomes clear that we do not have the answer.

I want Archie to succeed but if we are still mediocre in years 3 and 4, he can hit the bricks.

1 minute ago, BEKA said:

This roster is dumb. Archie has done what was asked of him in terms of "locking down the state", but is this one-dimensional approach to recruiting limiting how he can build a roster? I'm not being a smart ass, just a genuine question. 

Not a question to worry about after a half season of his first recruiting class.

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Whoa whoa whoa, we are not in the position we are in by being too quick to pull the trigger, it is exactly the opposite.  We gave Mike Davis way to much time before he was fired and it took almost a decade of Crean ball and the fanbase being completely off his wagon before the school made a move.  I would argue that we are where we are at because we wait too long to pull the plug when it becomes clear that we do not have the answer.

I want Archie to succeed but if we are still mediocre in years 3 and 4, he can hit the bricks.

Agree.  If our AD and administration had any balls or foresight or wherewithal they would have canned Crean 2 years earlier and hired Steven's. 

Just now, IUCrazy2 said:

I think this is exactly it. We stuck too long with Crean and Davis. I agree. I hope Miller is the one to turn it around. But we can’t wait 6 to 7 years. He needs to know (and I assume he does) what the standard is. And I for one have no problem saying that standard isn’t being met. 

2 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

It is stupid for anyone to say it is time to pull the trigger on Archie because if you fired him now then you would get no one to come here.  He should at least get 4 years to prove what he can do.

14 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

All due respect, if you make your hires based on where you are at in the present, you are never getting very far.

I am trying to be patient but the patience is worn very then.  It is not just the losing (which pushes me off to begin with) it is the inept way in which we are losing that really has me irritated.

I didn't like typing it out either. Reality stings 

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not even close. Archie will get his guys in here but year 1.3 is not the time to start questioning things. That's why IU is in the position we're in. Be better. 

It's year 1.5, which is an important distinction because it isn't early in year two at this point. 

I'm not saying you abandon ship, but we are starting to have enough data to see trends. Archie doesn't seem to be the most adaptable coach; may not be a problem if he can consistently get his guys long term. 

Archived