Purdue Post Game Thread

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

How much healthier are we going to get?  The only injured player we’re getting back this year is Davis.  Everyone else on the team is fine.

Edit - I guess Forrester might still be dealing with that ankle injury.

Davis is also pretty limited. Isn't Race Thompson also injured? 

1 hour ago, CincyHoosier said:

I just started posting again under a new name.  Ive been around since the switch over from was it rivals or 247? I dont remember.  Dont post all the time but I go in spurts and read a fair amount.  At the prior couple HSN sites my user name had a Crean reference.  Had to ditch it. 

An HSN history lesson.  We all started out on John Decker's Hoosier Nation.  On the old Scout network. His buddy (The Fourth Estate) originally was his only mod.  Later Mr. Decker added myself and Jaybob Hoosier as mods.  Then, when Mr. Decker was not getting paid by Scout for his work, he abandoned the site.  Leaving it to me and Jaybob, to run, with limited mod abilities.  We never heard from the Forth Estate long before Mr. Decker abandoned the site.  Then... all of a sudden, The Fourth Estate reappeared out of no where.  And became disruptive as heck.

That's when Colonial Crester stepped in, and offered to create Hoosier Sports Nation, on his own dime.  Saying that I was his inspiration.  Jaybob came along as a moderator. As well as a guy named Natural Hoosier, who lived in Colorado at the time.  We added a few other mods,  like MDN, andJohnsonIU. Two great guys.

The first Hoosier Sports Nation exploded. Over 8,000 members in just a short period of time. Because of the spectacular success of HSN 0.1 two other sites came a courting.  One was 247 which eventually merged with CBS Sports. Com. Due to the expense involved at the time to keep HSN 0.1 running, the decision was made to merge with 247. And subsequently, several of the original HSN mods left for another IU site, for various reasons. 

The 247 run was great.  However, they decided not to renew our contract with them... and subsequently, stole Peegs.com from Rivals, to replace us with Peegs.

The existing HSN mod team, rather than waiting for the transition of Peegs from Rivals to 247, decided to strike out once again as an independent site. With the considerable effort of Hoosier Faithful... HSN 3.0 was once again re-established.  And lives to this day.

We have a great team of moderators.  All loyal to our creator. And the guy who legally owns the rights to Hoosier Sports Nation.... the great Colonial Crestor.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

An HSN history lesson.  We all started out on John Decker's Hoosier Nation.  On the old Scout network. His buddy (The Fourth Estate) originally was his only mod.  Later Mr. Decker added myself and Jaybob Hoosier as mods.  Then, when Mr. Decker was not getting paid by Scout for his work, he abandoned the site.  Leaving it to me and Jaybob, to run, with limited mod abilities.  We never heard from the Forth Estate long before Mr. Decker abandoned the site.  Then... all of a sudden, The Fourth Estate reappeared out of no where.  And became disruptive as heck.

That's when Colonial Crester stepped in, and offered to create Hoosier Sports Nation, on his own dime.  Saying that I was his inspiration.  Jaybob came along as a moderator. As well as a guy named Natural Hoosier, who lived in Colorado at the time.  We added a few other mods,  like MDN, andJohnsonIU. Two great guys.

The first Hoosier Sports Nation exploded. Over 8,000 members in just a short period of time. Because of the spectacular success of HSN 0.1 two other sites came a courting.  One was 247 which eventually merged with CBS Sports. Com. Due to the expense involved at the time to keep HSN 0.1 running, the decision was made to merge with 247. And subsequently, several of the original HSN mods left for another IU site, for various reasons. 

The 247 run was great.  However, they decided not to renew our contract with them... and subsequently, stole Peegs.com from Rivals, to replace us with Peegs.

The existing HSN mod team, rather than waiting for the transition of Peegs from Rivals to 247, decided to strike out once again as an independent site. With the considerable effort of Hoosier Faithful... HSN 3.0 was once again re-established.  And lives to this day.

We have a great team of moderators.  All loyal to our creator. And the guy who legally owns the rights to Hoosier Sports Nation.... the great Colonial Crestor.

This is great stuff Mile.  The scout site was the one I remember at the beginning.  And I have to say, you've always had the pulse of Hoosier Nation. 

Also, I remember JayBob, JohnsonIU, MDN, and Naturalhoosier well.  Was it Johnson who was obsessed with posting pictures of chics?

13 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

This is great stuff Mile.  The scout site was the one I remember at the beginning.  And I have to say, you've always had the pulse of Hoosier Nation. 

Also, I remember JayBob, JohnsonIU, MDN, and Naturalhoosier well.  Was it Johnson who was obsessed with posting pictures of chics?

And welcome to the "IceCreanZone"......where we talk Purdue post game.

8 hours ago, EvilleHoosier said:

Are you saying McRoberts played bad today?  He had 3 steals, shot the ball when he was open (finally) and actually made a few, had 7 rebounds, and played defense.  I get earlier games, where he didn't ever look to shoot, but he still played D and hustled.  He finally does what everyone is asking for he still gets trashed? 

No way he should have been guarding Edwards, was burned several times

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Whatever happened to jaybob?

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Whatever happened to jaybob?

Pops up now and again on BTB.   As an aside. He's the one who informed me several months back that CraigHoops from Hawaii, had passed. 

Yeah,  I forgot, Mr. Decker had made Craig a moderator along with myself and Jaybob. 

13 hours ago, rico said:

We were in this game....the FT line killed us.

It wasn’t that we missed free throws and go 1-8 early on while Purdue makes a run. It’s that half those are front end 1 and 1s meaning not only do we lose 7 pts but likely 12. Even with a horrible Romeo night we could have been in the game. There were lots of issues...manly though poor shooting night...no one to stretch the defense...it’s only getting harder for guys because the game plan to beat us is out there...leave McRoberts wide open. Play 4 on 4 with a spy in the middle of the court in the driving lanes for Smith and Romeo etc. As important as defense is...offense is more important. To win you have to score the ball. Good team defense can make up for one lesser defender like Damezi....good team offense can rarely make up for a guy doing absolutely nothing. Hard to score 4 on 5....everyone knows it...Nebraska coach was saying it...just the truth. You have to be a threat to shoot or drive...if you do neither...you aren’t just a net neutral you are a big negative.

8 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks for all you guys do and for the history on how this community has developed.  I believe a few years ago you would meet up with WaffleheadFred "Mr Stats" for good food and IU sports chat.  Do you stay in touch with him? How's he doing?

13 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I can't tell you how 100% absolutely incorrect this is......quite honestly you should be embarrassed. 90% of most fans don't even frequent a message board. Archie is recruiting at a level in state that we haven't seen in 25 years. Unfortunately no one seems to have one ounce of patience as to development or understanding injuries.

I've always enjoyed your posts but honestly I think you should be banned or put on mute for awhile. Bringing that nonsense here? What are you 12 years old? What a shame. 

You dont like it don't read.  Those aren't my beliefs.  I'm just pointing out that it's what a lot of fans are starting to think.  I've been over there defending Archie.  He really does need a couple more years to show us what we've got.

That said, I've got about 9-10 typical IU fans in my family.  These are people who either went IU or have a spouse or child that did.  They typically watch the games and read the newspaper articles.  But they aren't die hards like us.  They don't frequent internet forums and know nothing about recruiting.  I'm telling you the apathy is setting in.  They are mostly now DVRing the games and only watching if we win.  My cousin even texted me yesterday and said he didn't think Archie was doing a good job.  He's an IU grad and probably your typical fan.  I don't know of anyone calling for a firing other than fpeaugh, IUgradman, and a few other nuts on the Rivals board but the rest of fans are quickly losing interest while all were very excited 2 months ago.  It is what it is.

1 hour ago, cbread said:

Thanks for all you guys do and for the history on how this community has developed.  I believe a few years ago you would meet up with WaffleheadFred "Mr Stats" for good food and IU sports chat.  Do you stay in touch with him? How's he doing?

Still meet up with Wafflehead. For games during the season, and BBQ's off season.He's still making his BBQ sauce when he has time. Just had some today, in fact.   His job is doing stats for a major financial institution. He's pretty good at it. Wins money on games all the time.  Always have a great time, whenever he is over.  He is doing fine.

Watching a clip of the post-game press conference this morning on Fox59.  Archie alluded to the team being out of whack and needing to get their collective morale back.  While not a profound revelation, I do like it that very frequently he mentions or acts along the same lines as what we the fans are talking about.  Also notable that Fitz didn't play (or got little PT) yesterday.

While the last couple of weeks have been beyond disappointing, we knew this would be a challenging stretch.  I just hope we can rekindle some positive momentum when the schedule becomes more favorable.

6 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Still meet up with Wafflehead. For games during the season, and BBQ's off season.He's still making his BBQ sauce when he has time. Just had some today, in fact.   His job is doing stats for a major financial institution. He's pretty good at it. Wins money on games all the time.  Always have a great time, whenever he is over.  He is doing fine.

Great to hear he is doing well.  I appreciate you sharing.

58 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

You dont like it don't read.  Those aren't my beliefs.  I'm just pointing out that it's what a lot of fans are starting to think.  I've been over there defending Archie.  He really does need a couple more years to show us what we've got.

That said, I've got about 9-10 typical IU fans in my family.  These are people who either went IU or have a spouse or child that did.  They typically watch the games and read the newspaper articles.  But they aren't die hards like us.  They don't frequent internet forums and know nothing about recruiting.  I'm telling you the apathy is setting in.  They are mostly now DVRing the games and only watching if we win.  My cousin even texted me yesterday and said he didn't think Archie was doing a good job.  He's an IU grad and probably your typical fan.  I don't know of anyone calling for a firing other than fpeaugh, IUgradman, and a few other nuts on the Rivals board but the rest of fans are quickly losing interest while all were very excited 2 months ago.  It is what it is.

So your “A LOT” of fans is one alt-depressed “fan” forum and 9-10 relatives.  This makes up about .01% of the fan base.  By saying “rest of the fans are losing interest,” did you take a poll that we’re unaware of?  Your posts being passed off as “facts” are very subjective, and I would say pretty far from the actual thoughts of most fans not posting on message boards (90+% of the fan base).

Most IU fans I know are disappointed with how the season has turned, including myself, but we do realize that it’s going to take a little bit of time and that there’s still a lot of season left.  If watching the games makes those who complain and post all of the time unhappy, why would one continue posting and watching?  Seems very illogical to me, unless they love wollowing in misery or have other motives.

Another "curb-stomping".  Two big holes in this team and a bunch of smaller ones.  We can't guard "bigs".  We can't shoot from outside.  Purdue exploited both of them especially in the 2d half.  I don't see us fixing those things this year.  So far I haven't seen any adjustments that would help offset those problems.  Perhaps we could play a more aggressive defense than the "pack line" especially if the opponents don't pose much of a threat going to the basket.

As I see it there are 6 top teams in the B1G who are much better than IU and will make the NCAAT easily:  MSU, UM, Purdue, Wisconsin, Nebraska, and Md.  Next are OSU, Iowa, and I hope IU playing for the last spots or perhaps all three could make the NCAAT as some predictions have 9 in from B1G. 

4 hours ago, milehiiu said:

On a pure intelligence basis, Wafflehead was one of the brightest we’ve ever had here (and we have a ton of very bright folks here).  I didn’t necessarily agree with him all the time, but he was must reading for how sharp and articulate he is.  

Archived