Purdue Post Game Thread

1 minute ago, Colonialcrester said:

Fortunately we edit a lot of the attacks out.  I have pretty thick skin but even I shudder as a parent on what some people have posted about our players.  

Sure there an acceptable threshold for everything.  Name calling or wishing I'll of someone isn't acceptable.  But  saying someone played a terrible basketball game or saying a coach isn't earning his 7 figure salary comes with the territory. 

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

From the start of the season it's been obvious we don't have size up front to deal with the big guys and we lack shooting.  We are forced to play with those shortcomings.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if/when we will have those missing ingredients.

It’s going to take time and some recruiting classes.

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Regardless of not being able to get rid of players his substitution patterns are mind boggling

I'm not sure he has a lot to choose from at times.  IDK, but I do believe he kept Fitzner on the bench and got Anderson and Moore some minutes/experience.

These are my takes....

1)  I think the fellas played with heart.

2)  The charity stripe really hurt them.  Seems like this a team issue.

3)  Mackey is a tough place to play if you are IU

4)  I still want to punch Haarms in the face.

With that being said there are so many things I don't understand about Archie.  You are down double digits with 8 to go and your guys are attacking the paint?  Why no press?  Why weren't guys shooting 3's?  What is with the substitution pattern?  Why is McBob even out there?  

This ain't Dayton.  This ain't the A-10.

JSMH

1 minute ago, CincyHoosier said:

Sure there an acceptable threshold for everything.  Name calling or wishing I'll of someone isn't acceptable.  But  saying someone played a terrible basketball game or saying a coach isn't earning his 7 figure salary comes with the territory. 

Totallly agree.  That's what message boards are all about! 🙂  The death threats, the personal insults, the attacks on anyone that support the player, the attacks on family members...all these things we have seen and have edited and/or banned the posters. Man, you wouldn't believe how grown adults can say the worst things when their team is losing.

2 minutes ago, Hoosrnight said:

The first play he was in, he messed up. As he played he got better and played with some emotion, as everyone wants. We looked pretty good with him in the game.

What did he do that impressed you?  He didn’t even score and got lost on D numerous times.  I’m not bashing the kid and have repeatedly said I love his potential.  You just can’t play someone who doesn’t know the system very much.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What people say on social media can hurt your chances with recruits especially if you make it personal

If a kid doesn't he want to go play for a school because of something an anonymous person said on a message board his parents should have a talk with him.  I'm not one of those people, trust me. 

It wasnt politics, it's a fact.  It has nothing to do with party.  Since the social media age, our president, regardless of party, is attacked by morons on social media.  Just pointing out nobody is above petty, immature criticism.

9 minutes ago, Lookingforahard6th said:

Yes but IU does have such a policy go look it up! 

The thing you are talking about is that a scholarship is guaranteed you for 4 years but not a roster spot.  This Bill was put in mainly guaranteed a player a scholarship if he can't finish is career due to injury.

1 minute ago, CincyHoosier said:

If a kid doesn't he want to go play for a school because of something an anonymous person said on a message board his parents should have a talk with him.  I'm not one of those people, trust me.  The worst things on social media are reserved for our president, the President of the United States! There are idiots everywhere!

Doesn’t seem to hurt Alabama in football or Kentucky in basketball. Check those fan bases out sometime. 

10 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Well to be fair to Holtmann he had a great year last season.  He also doesn't have anywhere near out talent level this season.  It's just beyond comical at this point that Archie still doesn't have a single signature win.  Mack got one early on as did Holtmann.  I'm still behind Archie but man am I starting to have doubts.  He absolutely has to make the tourney this season.

I agree on the tourney part. That would inexplicable to have our roster and miss tourney. I do think we get some momentum when schedule lightens up some later this year.

3 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

Totallly agree.  That's what message boards are all about! 🙂  The death threats, the personal insults, the attacks on anyone that support the player, the attacks on family members...all these things we have seen and have edited and/or banned the posters. Man, you wouldn't believe how grown adults can say the worst things when their team is losing.

Thanks for all you and the other moderators do!

Archie doesn't seem to believe in free flowing basketball; he wants everything to be extremely disciplined and structured. This results in a lot of hesitation and discomfort from our players, they seem to be thinking a lot more than playing. 

This structure can work when we have a team of talented upperclassmen, but that ain't us. 

Archived