Northwestern Pregame Thread

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe wishes granted means he wishes to transfer and that has been granted?  just speculating some more.  😊  i have to wonder if there are many deep issues we are not aware of.  seems that chemistry and that kind of behind the scenes crap must be really bad.  still have to think Smith is part of that too with dad's tweet and things i've read on here about his possible jealousy of Romeo's attention.  probably drama/issues from others and that's what's making us so bad as a team.  

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

He seems to be a bad locker room presence.  Hopefully Archie tells him he’s off the team.  

I've often thought this. Not because of any direct knowledge but DG is city and younger brother of a legend....the ego could be a little thick for some of the other guys.

26 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

maybe wishes granted means he wishes to transfer and that has been granted?  just speculating some more.  😊  i have to wonder if there are many deep issues we are not aware of.  seems that chemistry and that kind of behind the scenes crap must be really bad.  still have to think Smith is part of that too with dad's tweet and things i've read on here about his possible jealousy of Romeo's attention.  probably drama/issues from others and that's what's making us so bad as a team.  

I suspect that jealousy and team chemistry issues have been a huge part of our struggles.  

45 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

More than likely Green is just responding to people that have wanted him not to play. Now they get their wish.

This is the exact reason why some of us posters and moderators have mentioned to be careful how we speak about players. They DO read all the social media sites and sports message boards. It is unfortunate if some of the rumors are true. Like him or not, he is an IU basketball player and surely doesn't deserve to have his name ran through the mud. Just my opinion.

2 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

It just shows immaturity from the failed test to the tweet.  Given that the kid is 21? years old, I’m not going to crucify him for it.  Hopefully he can take this and learn from it.  Like it or not, he’s held to a higher standard than most kids his age.

Just curious.  How are you defining 'crucify'?  I don't think I'm crucifying him by saying that, unless the explanation or remorse is convincing, he should be off the team.  Allowing stuff like that to be forgiven typically is not a recipe for success.  

Greens shot have not improved in three years! Seemed he pouted every time he turned it over and then would get beat on defense because he quit playing. If he doesn’t want to be here don’t let the door hit you in the you know what. We were better when he was out injured. So I think he was a cancer. 

Archived