Northwestern Pregame Thread

8 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

I

Out of curiosity why did he get the gold shirt?  Motivation?  Gold shirt is supposed to go to the hardest working player.  You might be right. In the huddle video it cutoff with Archie going after Green for missing three consecutive something. 

That I can’t tell you.  You may be right, just to try and motivate him.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

I

Out of curiosity why did he get the gold shirt?  Motivation?  Gold shirt is supposed to go to the hardest working player.  You might be right. In the huddle video it cutoff with Archie going after Green for missing three consecutive something. 

Gold Jersey is for performance. It's based on measurable things from what I've read. More of an objective award

22 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

He and one other player are said to think that they deserve the world.  Not listening to coach and not going hard in practice.  Have been told Green is the worst of the two.  

Would be curious for a PM with the name of the other. If you can’t do that can you say if they are an Archie recruit 

26 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

He and one other player are said to think that they deserve the world.  Not listening to coach and not going hard in practice.  Have been told Green is the worst of the two.  

Thanks as always. My guess is Smith. If his Dad is so willing to go public....might make sense where he gets the entitlement from. Pure speculation on my part. Davis has been derailed by injuries so I can't imagine he thinks he's all world. 

I still think we have a good team. One that might surprise some folks....but in year 2 if Archie thinks for the better of greater good or long term and he needs to send some kids packing. I'm fine with it. 

33 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Any clue who the other player is?  Just my observations but Smith seems to be very uninterested at times.  If he gets beat on D he is very slow to react or get back in position.  He seems to have an oh well look.  Again this is just my observation and could be way off base.

15 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

Gold Jersey is for performance. It's based on measurable things from what I've read. More of an objective award

Those who wear the Gold Jersey get to "sit out" of sprints, etc.  Can't be a good thing if the one wearing it is the one not going hard.  Other players would have issues.

46 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

How can you not go hard in practice but get the "Holy Golden Jersey"???

Not shooting the messenger at all, just asking.

No sex for me for 3 days.....the little lady caught me smoking a bowl reading all this stuff.  I am in trouble because I didn't ask her to partake.  My bad.  I would transfer, but I don't feel like going a year without sex.  I will take my punishment, it could have been worse.......she might not have cooked for me for 3 days.  Now that would have been really bad.

Green has his flaws but this team is not better off without him. Backup PG is now Al Durham? Probably more minutes for McRoberts since some of Durham's time will now be spent at the point, yippee. Our guard/wing depth is a big problem. Smith has never really played the three at IU, I wonder if Archie would consider that now.

1 minute ago, Shooter said:

Green has his flaws but this team is not better off without him. Backup PG is now Al Durham? Probably more minutes for McRoberts since some of Durham's time will now be spent at the point, yippee. Our guard/wing depth is a big problem. Smith has never really played the three at IU, I wonder if Archie would consider that now.

Everybody said we were worse off when JBJ went down in 2016. How’d that work out

4 minutes ago, Shooter said:

We were better off when James Blackmon got hurt remember that! 

11 minutes ago, Lookingforahard6th said:

I was basing it on game experience you got a problem with me Kev?  I realize you have a little power trip monitoring this site kind of like a hall monitor in grade school! 

Now that was completely uncalled for.  

Archived