Northwestern Pregame Thread

34 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Green was back up point guard. Going to need someone to run the offense to give Rob a breather. I don’t think Damezi has those skills 

Agreed...Al will do that...maybe let Romeo initiate the offense. Remember end Maryland game...high pick n roll with Morgan...can we get more of that? Still Damezi has to play at least some.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 5fouls said:

I almost hate bringing this up, considering the confusion that it caused in the other thread.  But, what would a mid-season transfer due to our APR?

If they leave in good academic standing not much. Where our numbers took a hit was the number of guys who left for pros. 

Just now, Seeking6 said:

If they leave in good academic standing not much. Where our numbers took a hit was the number of guys who left for pros. 

I'm not sure about the pro thing.  Otherwise UK would have a negative APR.  And, what happens if a mid-season transfer just quits going to class.  By the end of semester, he would not be in good academic standing.  This isn't a situation where it's between semesters.  IU has already started the 2nd semester, so it would seem that in that case, the player must finish the semester to maintain that standing.  

1 hour ago, JEFFVETTE said:

I saw a screen shot of DG's Twitter on FB. Looks like people are already getting classless. SMH.

Like I said this fan base needs to learn some etiquette when it comes to thing like this and told you that kids and families take notice.  I want every kid who commits to IU to come in and succeed and hate seeing when they don't for whatever reason.

18 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Unconfirmed. "Wishes granted" refers to approval of a request to transfer.  Not sure at this point.  Will keep checking into this. 

Could be that he won’t olay...could be referring to 3 games or ever again...I don’t want to read too much into it until more comes out.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I it is not just the act but it shows terrible judgment by a player.  To be a good basketball player you have to show great judgment on the court so you can be trusted.

I feel bad for the kid. The reality is he's a young man and this kind of mistake is both boneheaded and unfortunately all too common. 

Let's not forget Troy, etc. You do give kids a 3-game suspension and a second chance, it's the right thing to do.

But man, a friend of mine, now 25, played for Gonzaga several years ago. He lost his spot due to weed and is out of basketball.

He knows it is talent wasted. He knows he blew it. That's hard. It's a hard, hard lesson. I hope Green bounces back quickly, much like Troy did.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Like I said this fan base needs to learn some etiquette when it comes to thing like this and told you that kids and families take notice.  I want every kid who commits to IU to come in and succeed and hate seeing when they don't for whatever reason.

While I agree that there is no reason to be classless, someone with self-inflicted issues does not necessarily deserve sympathy either.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Won't it be harder to transfer now that the second semester has already  started.  You would think if this was a possibility earlier that he would have transferred at the end of the first semester.

Pure speculation, but a transfer may not be his idea, but the coaching staff may be giving him an opportunity to make things look a little better.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Pure speculation, but a transfer may not be his idea, but the coaching staff may be giving him an opportunity to make things look a little better.

Or on the flip side....the coaching staff has said we've given you every chance and you still haven't done what is expected of you. Given that it's a Crean recruit it's easier to move on. I'll also add this. We've watched something happen with this team over the last 30 days since our win vs Butler. Not all good. If we need to clean things up a bit.....I'm all for it. 

Just now, 5fouls said:

Could you qualify that comment?  :coffee:

No doubt. I feel like every time I just want to make a quick comment.....I should go ahead and type the 4 responses I'll get along with responses and contingencies for each of those responses. My responses will make War and Peace look like a haiku. 

Archived