Northwestern Pregame Thread

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Green was back up point guard. Going to need someone to run the offense to give Rob a breather. I don’t think Damezi has those skills 

Al Durham and Rob P running point with Romeo handling some duties? Anderson isn’t a point guard, Green isn’t a point guard, he’s a shooting guard. 

13 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I've wondered for a while if he was the chemistry problem.  Here he is an upperclassmen and the was PG spot was supposed to be his.  Then here comes along freshman RobP to steal his thunder. Could I be right?

I dont think it was supposed to be his...I'm sure it was his to loose. Devonte knows what's up. He sees how promising Phinisee has been and going to be in the future.  If, in deed, Devonte wants out,.....I'm sure Robert, logging more and more minutes is not encouraging for Devonte.

All this makes me think back to I believe 07-08 when IU was i think 17-1,then all the trouble started with players and pot and Eric Gordon isolated hisself from them and the season went down hill from there. .then everything with Sampson started...could it be that Romeo and some other players started isolating themselves from Green,Davis and others.

1 minute ago, HoosierJax said:

All this makes me think back to I believe 07-08 when IU was i think 17-1,then all the trouble started with players and pot and Eric Gordon isolated hisself from them and the season went down hill from there. .then everything with Sampson started...could it be that Romeo and some other players started isolating themselves from Green,Davis and others.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Davis hasn’t been implicated in wrong doing. Let’s not assume the worst with him. 

1 hour ago, JEFFVETTE said:

I saw a screen shot of DG's Twitter on FB. Looks like people are already getting classless. SMH.

Twitter is absolutely horrible for hate. Those ppl have no shame when it comes to what they say and tagging athletes, actors, etc. I’ve never seen anything like it. 

If I were Archie, I'd be planning for the 20-21 season.  Next year could be a struggle with losing Romeo and Morgan, although we might surprise people.  I think 2 years from now is really the season we've got a chance to take off.  If that is a top 3 in the conference season, nobody will remember this year or next year if it is poor.

If there are chemistry issues, I'd get rid of them at the first possible point.  An extra loss or two this year won't be the end of the world if it means we're a better team down the road.  Can't let bad apples spoil the bunch or turn off recruits.  And I don't say that just because of some weed.  It seems like there's bigger issues that will hopefully be addressed this offseason.

4 mediocre years = bad

3 mediocre years and one excellent year = acceptable

7 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

That team was rolling until Sampson got canned.  Didn't we blow out a top 10 MSU team in Samspons last game?

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Very disappointed I guess in all sides. Feel bad for the kid. With that said...certain level of thick skin is expected when you play at IU under a microscope. Like many say. It's not for everyone.

It’s concerning to me that some IU fans (not you, Seeking) might feel that our program is in such a great spot that they can drive away recruits and current players (regardless of talent level) with this kind of  behavior. It’s one thing to make a few frustrated comments hidden in a message board like this. It’s another to do it directly on their Twitter feed where they’ll undoubtedly see it. I don’t think any fan base should tolerate that. 

33 minutes ago, Lookingforahard6th said:

I know sometimes you just need to play a skilled player through good and bad though.  Plus it’s imperative Damezi improve for next year, so far Archie hasnt developed any freshman. 

Are you at practice every day to see how Archie is developing the freshman? I'm guessing no.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Beyond the current elephant in the room, what have you seen/heard that makes him a bad locker room presence?

He and one other player are said to think that they deserve the world.  Not listening to coach and not going hard in practice.  Have been told Green is the worst of the two.  

I

4 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

He and one other player are said to think that they deserve the world.  Not listening to coach and not going hard in practice.  Have been told Green is the worst of the two.  

Out of curiosity why did he get the gold shirt?  Motivation?  Gold shirt is supposed to go to the hardest working player.  You might be right. In the huddle video it cutoff with Archie going after Green for missing three consecutive something. 

Archived