Rather have Dr. H than Dr. J

Checking the World Wide Web..... I find that Dr. Hornsby accepts Medicare.  Nothing big there.  However, if a patient does not have the supplemental insurance (Medicare typically pays just 80% of any procedure, you've all seen the commercials, LOL).... that he (Kyle) just swallows what is not paid. 

45 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Checking the World Wide Web..... I find that Dr. Hornsby accepts Medicare.  Nothing big there.  However, if a patient does not have the supplemental insurance (Medicare typically pays just 80% of any procedure, you've all seen the commercials, LOL).... that he (Kyle) just swallows what is not paid. 

Fair to say Kyle Hornsby Rules?

5 hours ago, morganmonroe said:

82 year old Dad needed a pacemaker installed this week.  His cardiologist was one Dr. Hornsby.  Kyle Hornsby.  

He dropped that in better than any 3 pointer I ever saw him make.  My new favorite former IU player forever now.  

Thank you Dr. Hornsby.

image.thumb.png.cf95fa2526d2597d358b0db9619ae16e.png

That's fantastic. Thanks for sharing it here and good news for your pops.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kyle was one of those kids that just stood out in every aspect of life. Studied hard, absolutely great work ethic.....so true to his family and God.....so respectful and kind. The family is so very proud of that young man and so glad he found his way back to Bloomington....what a great decision he made when he signed with IU.

38 minutes ago, PapaChief said:

Kyle was one of those kids that just stood out in every aspect of life. Studied hard, absolutely great work ethic.....so true to his family and God.....so respectful and kind. The family is so very proud of that young man and so glad he found his way back to Bloomington....what a great decision he made when he signed with IU.

And we're glad you signed with HSN 3.0.   Welcome !

Just came home from a visit with my pop.  He's doing great.  Got on my flight back and sat one row behind Dr. Hornsby.  Had a chance to show him the photo above and actually tell him what I said above.  His first response was to tell me he remembered by Dad and asked how he was. He couldn't have been more gracious even with a rambunctious son in his lap.  Before we de-planed he went out of his way to shake my hand and wish my Father well.

I shouldn't be surprised by this.  My stepmom has his cell number on the refrigerator and is free to use it any time.

THIS is why we have institutions of higher learning.

Stories like this is what I feel separated us from the so called basketball factories.   We cherish so many former players that were not national champions and I talk to UK and Duke fans that can't even remember the players names that led them to titles.  Most remember the Mashburn led teams and the 90,s Blue Devils but not in the 1 and done era

1 hour ago, morganmonroe said:

Just came home from a visit with my pop.  He's doing great.  Got on my flight back and sat one row behind Dr. Hornsby.  Had a chance to show him the photo above and actually tell him what I said above.  His first response was to tell me he remembered by Dad and asked how he was. He couldn't have been more gracious even with a rambunctious son in his lap.  Before we de-planed he went out of his way to shake my hand and wish my Father well.

I shouldn't be surprised by this.  My stepmom has his cell number on the refrigerator and is free to use it any time.

THIS is why we have institutions of higher learning.

Thanks for sharing that really neat anecdote with us.  Glad to year your pop is doing great. 

Talk about institutions of higher learning.  I always feel the need to draw upon words not normally in my regular vocabulary, when talking with you.  Hence my use of the word anecdote.   LOL

Archived