Northwestern Postgame Thread

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we suck a$$ but we probably pull it out against Michigan. We finally started playing defense and had a sense of urgency. Offense at the end did the same except for Smith making dumb plays. I’m not sure if we can go on a winning streak because we are getting really good at losing!

Just now, iufaninand said:

It’s kind of sad to look for small victories st this point of the season, but I did feel like they played a bit tougher. As good a player as Romeo is, he’s not the saviour of iu basketball as some of us thought

With the roster we had coming back, most viewed Romeo as the missing piece, not the savior.  Turns out we were missing more pieces than we thought.

We let one guy who had scored 6 points all year and have missed most of the last two years kill us.  What really killed us was at the start of the game where NW couldn't hit a thing but we couldn't get the lead over 8 points.  From 20-13 IU to 55-40 NW in a 15 minute stretch was the killer,  I really hope that those last 13 minutes we found something on the offensive end because we looked like a different team

It just hurts. 

Momentum killer #1: smith trying to make a highlight dunk off the inbounds rather than simply putting the ball in the hoop. 

Momentum killer #2: Morgan making a horrible foul WAY out on the perimeter with 4 seconds left on the shot clock. 

I want to ask why they can’t play the whole game with the the effort they showed in the last 5 minutes? And I wish I could say it’s because they don’t have enough heart - this is the easy answer,  but the reality is we only have 5 decent players on this team and no bench. Injuries have killed us and I’m afraid we aren’t going to Recover from it this year. 

It just hurts. 

4 minutes ago, rico said:

McRoberts was better than Al.

I like Zack.  However....even though he did hit one trey, I believe... he passed on way too many open three point opportunities.  Here's what I would like to see going forward.... Zach taking more open three point shots. And Romeo shutting it down for the rest of the season in terms of taking threes.

When we cut it to 56-53 I thought we would pull it out but they hit a couple of free throws and then we had the real good out of bounds play but Smith missed the dunk.  I  think we did have a few good out of bounds play that got us scores so that could be one good thing that came out of this.

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I like Zack.  However....even though he did hit one try, I believe... he passed on way too many open three point opportunities.  Here's what I would like to see going forward.... Zach taking more open three point shots. And Romeo shutting it down for the rest of the season in terms of taking threes.

Zach did not score.  1 rebound, 1 turnover, and 3 assists.  And, he got beat on defense a few times.

Archived