Michigan Pregame Thread

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I gotta say is Assembly hall should be packed and rocking. I would do anything to be there but my job will not alllw me to be in attendance. Let’s get behind this team and push them to a season changing win in the best venue in college basketball!!! Come on Hoosier nation the team and coaching staff needs you the most right now! We are the best fans in college basketball because we back the team even when things are not going the way we want it. Dont Be fair weather fans. Be great fans! Pack the hall and be loud! 

I really really believe IU comes out swinging and wins this game.  Romeo gets out of his funk with 20 points, Race gives us a few solid minutes with 3 three pointers, Al starts scoring and becomes the most aggressive game from him to date for this season and Justin Smith rebounds every ball that comes off of the backboard. 

1 hour ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

I really really believe IU comes out swinging and wins this game.  Romeo gets out of his funk with 20 points, Race gives us a few solid minutes with 3 three pointers, Al starts scoring and becomes the most aggressive game from him to date for this season and Justin Smith rebounds every ball that comes off of the backboard. 

If Race hits 3 three pointers, well lets just say you will be able to tell I'm excited.

6 hours ago, 3Ballin said:

If I remember the movie correctly...werent the wolverines from colorado???

Yes sir. Of course Patrick Swayze has died, Charlie Sheen might as well be, and C Thomas Howell hasn't appeared in a movie in two and a half decades, so wolverines remain an endangered species across most of North America. Go Hoosiers.

16 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The losing streak is not finished yet.  

I hold in my hands the contents of this envelope. As a child of four can plainly see. The contents of this envelope have been hermetically sealed. No one knows the contents of this envelope.... but YOU in YOUR mystical and divine way, has ascertained the outcome of the game, having never before seen the eventual outcome.............  Carnac the Magnificent.

11 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I hold in my hands the contents of this envelope. As a child of four can plainly see. The contents of this envelope have been hermetically sealed. No one knows the contents of this envelope.... but YOU in YOUR mystical and divine way, has ascertained the outcome of the game, having never before seen the eventual outcome.............  Carnac the Magnificent.

Solving mysteries......It's what Scooby does.

Win and the negativity subsides, but it won't be an easy task.

Looking at the top post, you can see that on paper and in theory, Indiana should match up pretty well with Michigan. 

Regarding Race, I am not sure Archie is close to bringing him on the floor yet. Given his comments earlier today, Clif and Jake seems to be further ahead of the depth chart at this point in time. 

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

Been a very disheartening stretch to watch for IU bball diehards like ourselves. However, I really enjoyed listening to Archie's thoughts on problems/areas for improvement here. 

My optimism definitely took a turn southward after Northwestern, but man do I like Archie and want him to succeed. Let's see what happens on the hardwood Friday evening. Hoping for a rebound, I think we can all agree this program needs it right now. 

Thought I read yesterday IU still with most quad 1 wins in country on resume and what is considered  zero losses outside quad 1. Resume is still tourney worthy. A Michigan win to go with an ever impressive (and growing) wins over Marquette/Louisville would go a long ways. Bit surprised it's only a 3-4 spread. Sure would be nice to come out hot and get crowd into it early and often. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Thought I read yesterday IU still with most quad 1 wins in country on resume and what is considered  zero losses outside quad 1. Resume is still tourney worthy. A Michigan win to go with an ever impressive (and growing) wins over Marquette/Louisville would go a long ways. Bit surprised it's only a 3-4 spread. Sure would be nice to come out hot and get crowd into it early and often. 

Unfortunately we don't have the most quad 1 wins.  I believe it is using RPI to calculate quad wins, so we would only have 2 quad 1 wins.  If we're using NET rankings, we'd have 4.  Lots of teams have 4 and 5 RPI quad 1 wins, while Kansas is 8-2.  Quite a few schools don't have any losses outside quad 1.

Having said that, I think the RPI sucks, so I don't really take too much from it.

For tonight, Assembly Hall can be a difference maker.  If we come out and can get the crowd involved, we could get some confidence and shots could start falling.  I'm never surprised by any win at home.  This one would be a huge boost to our tourney resume.

15 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Unfortunately we don't have the most quad 1 wins.  I believe it is using RPI to calculate quad wins, so we would only have 2 quad 1 wins.  If we're using NET rankings, we'd have 4.  Lots of teams have 4 and 5 RPI quad 1 wins, while Kansas is 8-2.  Quite a few schools don't have any losses outside quad 1.

Having said that, I think the RPI sucks, so I don't really take too much from it.

For tonight, Assembly Hall can be a difference maker.  If we come out and can get the crowd involved, we could get some confidence and shots could start falling.  I'm never surprised by any win at home.  This one would be a huge boost to our tourney resume.

Thanks for clarifying. The person who tweeted must be using Net rankings because he also followed it up with saying IU reminded him of Oklahoma last year. Record COULD finish up similar (Ok was 18-14 last year) but still made tourney because of quad 1 wins and technically not any bad losses. Food for thought. 

Archived