Michigan Pregame Thread

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's an interesting fact from Michigan's stat profile -- they are the best in the Big Ten at both not committing fouls and not committing turnovers.  They are not going to hand it to you.  If you are going to beat them, you are going to have to earn it.  See how IU and UM compare statistically and the keys to victory here:

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/michigan-at-indiana-game-day-essentials-tale-of-the-tape-keys-to-victory/

IU can win this game, but will need Phinisee, Langford, Durham and Morgan to knock down some 3’s early. Can’t have another 1-10 half from the 3pt line and expect to win this game. Also something we didn’t have in Ann Arboris we need Phinisee and anyone else to not let Simpson operate their offense at will and get into the lane for that little hook shot. 

Would be nice to pull this one out.  Mich has been playing down to the opponents level lately so maybe this is a close one.  Would like to see some inspired play, hustle, and urgency in these guys.  Can't come out flat and then try make a run in the last 7 minutes of the game.  Would like to see McBob on the bench and see Jake or Moore get the nod to mix things up.  Maybe DD is healthy enough to give us some inside minutes and push Morgan to the 4 and on the wing hitting some shots

19 hours ago, Officer Obie said:

Yes sir. Of course Patrick Swayze has died, Charlie Sheen might as well be, and C Thomas Howell hasn't appeared in a movie in two and a half decades, so wolverines remain an endangered species across most of North America. Go Hoosiers.

Hey, C Thomas Howell was in the amazing Spider-Man for a good 3-5 minutes 😁

Unfortunately I had to let my tickets go to another IU fan, can’t make the game tonight.  I think this team has the talent to win and with the game at AH that is a great advantage.  My heart thinks IU will win but my gut says they don’t.

Win or lose I want to see the team put longer stretches of inspired play together.  I am interested to see how Archie game plans Mich and if we see any clear adjustments on offense to get Romeo more involved in the game.  I don’t expect we see Race play much.  No foul trouble to start the game will be huge.  No matter what it should be a great game to watch, emphasis on should.

Not to be a Debbie Downer. I hope IU plays a great game and pulls the upset, but:

In game 1: Juwan had 25 & 8, Romeo had 17 & 6, Justin had 6 & 9, Al had 6 & 3. Probably can't expect a lot better than that from them in total. Green had 9, 4 & 3 with 0 turnovers. RP didn't play. If he just matches Green's numbers, that's a solid game against Simpson.

MI outscored IU's bench 10-0. Johns killed us.

MI was only 4-16 from 3 and Brazdeikis was 0-3 from 3 and only had 10 points.

IU had only 7 TOs and was 12-16 from FT line (MI also 12-16). IU outrebounded MI 34-31 and 11-9 on offensive boards

IU played pretty well, statistically, in that game and was down 15 at half and lost by 11. Unless IU gets a surprise 15+ points off the bench, not seeing how they reverse the first outcome.

With no bench scoring, this team is stuck scoring in the 50s-60s. Just not enough. Points during losing streak: 63, 75 (7-17 from 3), 51, 55, 66

Again, hope I'm wrong. Go Hoosiers!

41 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Huge game.  Very short pre-game thread.  Have people already checked out on this team?

I think there are too many other threads competing for peoples attention. In my case, I can't keep up reading everything and therefore don't have time left to post. I'm sure some people have checked out. I wish this game was on Sat or Sun instead of early on a Fri.  

Archived