Antoine Davis

Saw this posted on another board and thought it was a good question. Would you take Antoine on this year's team? For Freshmen, he's the leading scorer in the nation 27.2ppg and shoots it well from deep. I saw him up close earlier this year when Detroit was playing Xavier. He needs to put on weight but definitely not afraid to shoot the ball and take over a game.  He's on pace to shatter Steph Curry's 3 pointers made in 1 season as a freshmen. Antoine was going to play at UH before Mike Davis took the job at Detroit. For reading pleasure - see link below:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2816937-antoine-davis-joins-dukes-zion-williamson-as-cbbs-other-unstoppable-freshman

11 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Saw this posted on another board and thought it was a good question. Would you take Antoine on this year's team? For Freshmen, he's the leading scorer in the nation 27.2ppg and shoots it well from deep. I saw him up close earlier this year when Detroit was playing Xavier. He needs to put on weight but definitely not afraid to shoot the ball and take over a game.  Antoine was going to play at UH before Mike Davis took the job at Detroit. For reading pleasure - see link below:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2816937-antoine-davis-joins-dukes-zion-williamson-as-cbbs-other-unstoppable-freshman

No, I watched them against Butler and the first thing I saw was he reminded me of Bracey Wright.  His shot selection was horrible and shot a lot so no I would not want him.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

No, I watched them against Butler and the first thing I saw was he reminded me of Bracey Wright.  His shot selection was horrible and shot a lot so no I would not want him.

No doubt he shoots a lot and most possessions run through him - but he doesn't have much help either on Detroit's team and probably needs to shoot a lot in order for them to win

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What part of 42 percent shooting from 3 and 85 percent shooting from the line do you think would hurt our team?

And let's not overlook 3.5 assists per game either.  That would lead our team

27 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

Before reading or paying much attention to what was typed, i got excited thinking who wouldnt take a guy cut outa rock, mean as hell and was winning dunk contests on 12 foot goals!?!?!  

Then i realized we werent talking about antonio davis.

One of my favorite Pacers ever.  I like how Larry Brown always called him Tony.  Those were fun teams.  They brought the franchise out of the also ran category in the 80s when Stipo, Tisdale, Person and company just couldn’t win games.  

And really, it’s been a good franchise ever since. 

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

What part of 42 percent shooting from 3 and 85 percent shooting from the line do you think would hurt our team?

Bracey Wright's freshman year at IU 38% on 3's and 76% on free throws.

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

That right there tells you how bad shooting team we have! Means almost everything comes from dribble drive to score. So much standing around and guys not ready or confident to shoot when it rotates to them.

Archived