Antoine Davis

9 hours ago, 3Ballin said:

Before reading or paying much attention to what was typed, i got excited thinking who wouldnt take a guy cut outa rock, mean as hell and was winning dunk contests on 12 foot goals!?!?!  

Then i realized we werent talking about antonio davis.

I thought we were talking about Antonio Davis too at first!!!!!😃

I don’t know enough about his game,  but I do know that I paid close attention to Indiana basketball when Davis was our coach.  I don’t think there is any way in the world that the Mike Davis family would want there son playing here after the criticism and hate was put on his family during his tenure In Bloomington.

11 hours ago, Bowhunter said:

I don’t know enough about his game,  but I do know that I paid close attention to Indiana basketball when Davis was our coach.  I don’t think there is any way in the world that the Mike Davis family would want there son playing here after the criticism and hate was put on his family during his tenure In Bloomington.

Mike Davis himself said otherwise.  He wanted IU to recruit his son.

From an old Sports Illustrated article " I have a younger son (Antoine) who is going to be a high-level player, and I want him to have a chance to see a game at Indiana and maybe get recruited by them one day.”

On 1/25/2019 at 11:03 PM, Indykev said:

I watched them play. Across half court the kid is gunning it. Bracey Wright 2.0, no thanks.

A lot of that is that he is allowed, and probably even encouraged, to do so.  Archie would not allow him to do that.  I go back to 42 percent from 3, 85 percent from the line, and 3.5 assist.  IU could use those numbers, whether they are from Antoine Davis or someone with no history at all with IU basketball.

16 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

A lot of that is that he is allowed, and probably even encouraged, to do so.  Archie would not allow him to do that.  I go back to 42 percent from 3, 85 percent from the line, and 3.5 assist.  IU could use those numbers, whether they are from Antoine Davis or someone with no history at all with IU basketball.

We need more than one.

• 4 weeks later...

Would I take him? Even before the record, in a friggin heartbeat. Solid outside shooter, coach's son that has good basketball IQ, unlikely to have any attitude problems......sounds like exactly what we could have used.

He'd also have a special sense of motivation that nobody else would: winning that one game at Indiana that his dad didn't, albeit from the court instead of the sidelines.

Archived