Michigan Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I'm going to post this here. Guys we have had guys banned tonight for LIFE, guys banned for 3 days, 7 days and multi warnings issued. Rules are posted, refresh because breaking them will be bad for you. Think before you post.

I know we all get upset over losses but I just need to work on not letting it get to bad.  It is just a game where we have no control over the outcome of that game.  I think some just needs to put things into perspective and realize that there is no reason to let an outcome of a game bother you so much that you get banned from a message board.

I can honestly see us not winning a game until Illinois and that is absolutely frightening.

For the very first time, I am leaning towards Arch actually not being the guy for us. Halfway through year 2 and with an all american recruit and one of my favorite players ever in Juwan. Inexcusably pathetic.

1 minute ago, Bushmage said:

I can honestly see us not winning a game until Illinois and that is absolutely frightening.

For the very first time, I am leaning towards Arch actually not being the guy for us. Halfway through year 2 and with an all american recruit and one of my favorite players ever in Juwan. Inexcusably pathetic.

If you have 2 guys on the court that wont look to shoot, where do their defenders go? To the paint, where does Juwan and Romeo score? The paint. The roster is awful right now, has nothing to do with Archie. 2 guys dont make a team.

11 minutes ago, Indykev said:

If you have 2 guys on the court that wont look to shoot, where do their defenders go? To the paint, where does Juwan and Romeo score? The paint. The roster is awful right now, has nothing to do with Archie. 2 guys dont make a team.

Part of our problem is that our two best 3 point shooters only took 7 of our 20 shots. Smith and Fitz combined for more. We need the right people taking the shots. 

I was watching the game at an IU bar in the Chicago area tonight.  Usually gets pretty rowdy for IU games... Was absolutely dead tonight.  A neutral observer probably wouldn’t even have realized the game was on.

I just watched Archie’s postgame presser, and it was honestly just depressing.  You can tell he wants to win so badly, but he just has no answers.  “We just gotta work.”  He said that about 10 times.  Also said he goes back to the kind of coaching he would’ve wanted when he played if he was in this situation.  Just doesn’t seem like the team is responding positively to that right now.  Just an absolutely brutal stretch for IU basketball.  And the hits are going to keep coming.

28 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I was watching the game at an IU bar in the Chicago area tonight.  Usually gets pretty rowdy for IU games... Was absolutely dead tonight.  A neutral observer probably wouldn’t even have realized the game was on.

I just watched Archie’s postgame presser, and it was honestly just depressing.  You can tell he wants to win so badly, but he just has no answers.  “We just gotta work.”  He said that about 10 times.  Also said he goes back to the kind of coaching he would’ve wanted when he played if he was in this situation.  Just doesn’t seem like the team is responding positively to that right now.  Just an absolutely brutal stretch for IU basketball.  And the hits are going to keep coming.

Just think, DeRon might be on senior on the team next season. A team full of Freshman and sophs. minus Romeo and Juwan. :)

Usually, I try to be positive and a rara sort of guy....

This team to me is on life support and even the world's best doctor may not save them.  Some patients simply do not respond to the best known treatment no matter how well it works on others.  The doctor can always try, so long as the patient is still alive, and has not stopped fighting.

How does this patient respond?

Time for Justin to sit, and Moore to play. Then, Jake to sub. 

The tweet from his dad was telling. Justin is a bad basketball player in a good basketball body. Nothing more. And his attitude sucks. 

Sorry, I shouldn't go after just one player, but when Dad spouts off on Twitter, then your previously perceived attitude becomes a justified perception.

Watched Archie’s press conference.  In spite of this painful losing streak, without question in my mind, he is the guy to lead us forward.  

He was subdued, disappointed and quietly frustrated.  BUT, he was not disrespectful to any of his players.  His composure and stay with it attitude is exactly the leadership this team needs in the midst of struggling.

As for the team, there is a core group of guys who have played a LOT of minutes, originally due to injury, now due to Archie not having confidence in his bench.  When a team is winning, the number of minutes played tend not to be as draining physically.  When losing, players tend to become more aware they are wiped out.  Winning is energizing.

As for this group of players, they are a great bunch of young men.  I like these guys.  That said, without shooters and dominant inside post play, solutions are tough to come by.  The losing turns missed shot after missed shot into diminishing confidence.  Playing guys we haven’t seen?  Maybe.  But honestly, it seems the best we can hope for at this point is the offseason recalibration, some change, either by choice or dismissal, and get some fresh minds in here.  

Blueblood?  Don’t care anymore.  Just want the team to fight their ass off every night, defend, have a team of guys if you leave open, you’re gonna pay.  I am bummed about where we are, but this teams needs its fans right now.

Also, it is a lottery winning like long shot, but what if this team suddenly awoke?  Likely, no.  Possible, yes. 

4 hours ago, cohete15 said:

Time for Justin to sit, and Moore to play. Then, Jake to sub. 

The tweet from his dad was telling. Justin is a bad basketball player in a good basketball body. Nothing more. And his attitude sucks. 

Sorry, I shouldn't go after just one player, but when Dad spouts off on Twitter, then your previously perceived attitude becomes a justified perception.

I believe Phinisee injury hurt the most because it just stunted the whole team....but I'll also say we haven't won a game since that Smith's Dad tweeted that.

In terms of being sorry. Don't be. This is exactly what we said could happen that day. Justin looks scared and timid because now he doesn't have the trust of his teammates. 

I've never been this shocked about a season. As far as I'm concerned. There are about 4-5 guys who can hit the bricks. Either they shouldn't be here to begin with or they just aren't understanding what it takes to play at this level. Go play at Depaul or Temple or Georgia Southern or whatever school close to home that will take you. 

Wouldn't be the first time a coach or staff has to start over in year 3. Getting the right guys is all I care about now.   

7 hours ago, Bushmage said:

I like Archie.  I do.  But if Fred wanted to go out and hire Buzz Williams ir Gregg Marshall I wouldn't be opposed.

8 hours ago, Indykev said:

I'm going to post this here. Guys we have had guys banned tonight for LIFE, guys banned for 3 days, 7 days and multi warnings issued. Rules are posted, refresh because breaking them will be bad for you. Think before you post.

Thanks Kev, to you and all the mods, for all the hard work you guys do.

7 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

You could tell he was seething during that presser, and I totally agree with you, the kids just aren’t responding for whatever reason.  Something has fractured this team that we’re unaware of.  I think it’s more than confidence at this point.

8 hours ago, Indykev said:

Thanks for your work. Glad I just checked out after the game. Never a pretty site especially when a certain type of poster just shows up when things are bad. Kudos to all the mods for their work. 

11 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Agreed.  It isn't even about who is on the bench.  The minute guys on the floor know they can do whatever they want without consequences, its over.  Sometimes you take a short term loss (poor bench player) for a long term gain (starters who plays hard).  Our guys know they don't have to hustle because they know they aren't getting pulled.

Maybe the punishment IS playing? 

Archived