What has happened to this team?

DC2345

1 hour ago, cohete15 said:

We haven't won, and have become more dysfunctional looking ever since he decided to tweet.

It's 2019, I am sure every player knows what was said. I am sure every player knows his dad's thoughts are likely Justin's thoughts. And that's a very divisive thing.

Elephant in the room, you're absolutely correct. It's been all downhill since that tweet, and the facial expressions say it all. These guys simply don't like playing together.

On 1/26/2019 at 1:00 AM, DC2345 said:

I’m convinced that something has happened internally that has caused a fracture in the IU locker room. This team looks like it has flat out shut down. They look like they are going through the motions. This is something I’ve seen with high school teams multiple times so I know what that looks like. I know the rumor was that Green failed a drug test but is that all that has happened or was that a cover story for something else or is there other stuff going on? I’m also inclined to think that this is more than just Crean players mad about the way CAM coaches. If there isn’t more to what is going on then it is time to say that CAM is in over his head and that Fred made a mistake and needs to cut bait. I’m not to that point yet though because I do know building a program takes time. So if someone that does have insight into the inner workings of the program could shed some light on this that would be great.

They quit weeks ago, it was clear in the Nebraska game. No fight, zero heart, and a severe lacking of mental toughness that has hindered the IU basketball program for the past 2 decades.

1 hour ago, SIHoosier26 said:

They quit weeks ago, it was clear in the Nebraska game. No fight, zero heart, and a severe lacking of mental toughness that has hindered the IU basketball program for the past 2 decades.

We all know that. That has been obvious but the question that I want to know is why? What happened that turned this team into such a downward spiral. 

9 hours ago, DC2345 said:

We all know that. That has been obvious but the question that I want to know is why? What happened that turned this team into such a downward spiral. 

I may speculate that there may be a couple of guys on this team who were recruited and sold on the 2-3 year plan to playing professionally. They may not like that they are now being asked to be 4-year role players and not featured.

It's possible that floor leadership is lacking. Archie, in the recent radio show, said the leadership is up for grab. I've been thinking Morgan was the bona fide leader of this team, but overall team leadership has declined. Who's going to step up? I'm thinking Durham would be a good candidate, but of course, he's gotta want it. 

Aside from chemistry, effort, shooting etc.( all contributors)  Here's what is wrong:

During the 7 game losing streak, IU's bench has been outscored 92-43. The 43 includes 25 points from Al when he didn't start. Rob added 3 off the bench in one game. So, true bench players have provided 15 points in 7 games.

That's how 22-0 runs happen

Archived