Clifton Moore

2 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Did Jake foul oit in 8 minutes?!

Although that is really bad on the surface, it does show he was at least competing and active. He didnt fo in with a mentality to shy away.

He needs to improve a lot. But he is athletic and competitive. There is some upside there.

I cam also see why Archie has been hesitant to this point.

It is a fine line. 

I was cracking up when we were up 2 or 3 late in the second half, and Forrester ran out to the perimeter and fouled the guy with the ball for no reason as the shot clock was running out.  They cut to Archie, who looked like he was going to laugh and cry at the same, right as you could see him say “That was so ****ing STUPID!!!”  Glad we ended up getting the win so we can laugh about it now.

These last two seasons coaching at IU have definitely taken years off of Archie’s life.

3 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

Did Jake foul oit in 8 minutes?!

Although that is really bad on the surface, it does show he was at least competing and active. He didnt fo in with a mentality to shy away.

He needs to improve a lot. But he is athletic and competitive. There is some upside there.

I cam also see why Archie has been hesitant to this point.

It is a fine line. 

Just think if he would have given him some minutes thur out the season,he might not be some rough around the edges now

4 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Just think if he would have given him some minutes thur out the season,he might not be some rough around the edges now

Or he was so unprepared he would have fouled out in 5 minutes?

I just think it is easy for us to watch a game and make a judgement based on two or three minutes. The coaches see these kids everyday.

Hell, there weeks ago the mantra was "never let Justin see the floor again". Coach got ripped for not benching him.

Now, we almost cant afford to take Justin off the florr. I think coach pulled the right move letting him play through the rough stretch.

I really like Jake, a lot. But even in the 8 minutes he played yesterday, I can see why he wasnt seeing the floor early on.

Long term, I have faith (admittedly somewhat blind faith) that Archie knows these guys at a level we just dont. Both as players and individuals.

Jake is fun to watch. If he is in the floor, you know it, god or bad. (Hard to miss him with that hair!!!)

2 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I just think it is easy for us to watch a game and make a judgement based on two or three minutes. The coaches see these kids everyday.

Hell, there weeks ago the mantra was "never let Justin see the floor again". Coach got ripped for not benching him.

Now, we almost cant afford to take Justin off the florr. I think coach pulled the right move letting him play through the rough stretch.

I really like Jake, a lot. But even in the 8 minutes he played yesterday, I can see why he wasnt seeing the floor early on.

Long term, I have faith (admittedly somewhat blind faith) that Archie knows these guys at a level we just dont. Both as players and individuals.

Jake is fun to watch. If he is in the floor, you know it, god or bad. (Hard to miss him with that hair!!!)

True that, but i do think hes going to be a crowd favorite, and one of those guys that opposing teams hate because of his high motor.

6 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

His hair reminds me of "Side Show Bob" from The Simpsons.

5 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Jake has a pretty strong lower body for a freshman which is why I think he was the choice for playing time over Cliff. Even so, he was understandably abused by Ward down low. DD was the only player who could really take on Ward although Juwan did a great job on him early in the game. 

Jake reminded me of Freddie Mcswain...except he is bigger. But undersized athlete basically trying to guard Ward. He doesn’t have a high basketball IQ but he never stops trying out there. Loved his energy.

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Jake reminded me of Freddie Mcswain...except he is bigger. But undersized athlete basically trying to guard Ward. He doesn’t have a high basketball IQ but he never stops trying out there. Loved his energy.

I’ll take that from a role playing freshman any day of the week. 

7 hours ago, dgambill said:

Kinda wish he looked like Freddie in the shoulders 😏.  That dude was/is an absolute beast....if only he wasnt 6'5" the damage he could have done.  If Jake can get anywhere close to what Freddie looks like, with his (Jakes) motor people will be be affraid to play against him.  It might be because he'll be like a semi truck with no breaks...but ill take it.  😁😂

On 1/27/2019 at 11:36 PM, Goose said:

I was just looking at the hoosiers season stats, and it seems strange that Moore and Forrester cannot get more floor time.  Now I understand that stats aren't everything, but when they have played their very limited minutes, they have produced.

Moore has played a total of 56 minutes this year. Basically two games, if he was playing starter minutes.  In that time he has 17 points on 63% shooting, 23 rebounds, 3 blocks and 4 assists.

Forrester has played a total of 30 minutes, about one game's worth. He has scored 23 points on 67% shooting, 9 rebounds, and 3 blocks.

I know alot of this was in scrub time, but they can't provide any minutes when the regulars are struggling or need a rest?

Now last year I thought McRoberts play helped the team and I thought he deserved most if not all of his minutes.  This year he hasn't passed the eye test for me and so I looked at his stats.

McRoberts has played a total of 275 minutes. He has scored 15 points on 32% shooting, 43 rebounds and 12 steals.  I know that he is not asked to score alot, but both Forrester and Moore have outscored him in very limited minutes.  Moore and Forrester have shot poorly from the line in 10 and 7 attempts, but McRoberts has not even had a FT attempt in 275 minutes.  He has put zero pressure on opposing defenses.  The best thing that can be said about McRoberts offense right now is that he doesn't turn it over much with just 7 TO.  That could be product of not trying to make anything happen on offense.

I am really just perplexed. When IU was getting pounded on the boards in the second half against Maryland, I thought that was an opportunity for these two because they had looked good at rebounding in their time on the floor.

Welcome to the board Goose!!! 

Archived