Rutgers Game Thread

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are all correct about this team's problems, but for this game, all they really need to do is toughen up and not allow so many offensive rebounds.  Rutgers got at least ten points and four fouls on IU after offensive boards.  They ate not a good shooting team, so just keep them to one try and IU can win this game.

3 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Ok, so Anderson, Forrester, and Moore are inexperienced.  What’s Fitzner’s excuse?  Just garbage.

But honestly, with all that foul trouble, it will honestly be kind of impressive if they can pull out this win.  We hit a few shots that half, but man, they are really having to grind out possessions.  So many long twos and contested shots at the rim.

No, Fitz is not garbage.

Man, it’s guys like you who make it hard to want to be on this forum 

3 minutes ago, IUguy said:

You are all correct about this team's problems, but for this game, all they really need to do is toughen up and not allow so many offensive rebounds.  Rutgers got at least ten points and four fouls on IU after offensive boards.  They ate not a good shooting team, so just keep them to one try and IU can win this game.

I'd like to see Moore start the second half with Morgan to match up better

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

No, this is why they earn it in practice and sit the bench until they are ready. Giving them mins and looking lost wouldnt have helped them

We had games earlier in the year when we were up 20 with 3 minutes left and Archie had the starters in,  Practice can't replicate game conditions.  Archie missed many opportunities to get those guys some court time.

3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

No, Fitz is not garbage.

Man, it’s guys like you who make it hard to want to be on this forum 

Look, I really don’t rip on the players all that much.  He’s a senior grad transfer we brought in specifically to shoot threes, and he’s too terrified to shoot a wide open shot at a critical moment in a conference game.  And he’s terrible on defense.  Criticism is more than justified.

10 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Can't disagree, but all of the posters that act like our bench is the savior really P.... me off!!

Going to repeat, everyone that keeps pressing that playing this or that player off the bench is going to significantly change the season is pi.... me off ! That being said I ,might be wrong!

Archived