Internal issues or not?

Mods, Insiders, anyone with kids on campus, students, 

What's the word with internal issues?  There has to be something.  Someone asked Mile specifically the other day and he said he hasn't heard anything.  We only have what we all speculate.  Can someone that has any sort of ear tell us what the hell is going on?  Will one of these reporters have the balls to ask CAM that question?

If you know something, say something.  

Sad emoji= yes internal issues

haha emoji= no internal issues

Something, anything.  Smoke signals.  SOS

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no inside knowledge of anything but Justin Smith's Dad popping off on Twitter is probably an indicator of where his son's head is at. 

There are maybe 5 guys (give or take) on this team that I would like to have back next year.  The rest of them should be encouraged to move along.

3 minutes ago, iufaninand said:

No one will admit to anything. I think what will tell us our answer is how many positions we’re looking to fill next year beyond what we expected 

My concern is that some of those that leave are ones we would want to stay, but they are leaving because they don't want to go through it again.  

8 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I have no inside knowledge of anything but Justin Smith's Dad popping off on Twitter is probably an indicator of where his son's head is at. 

There are maybe 5 guys (give or take) on this team that I would like to have back next year.  The rest of them should be encouraged to move along.

Dont know about that.  His dad is a nice guy, but can be loud.  

All speculation, but with the lack of solid info forthcoming, it's all we can do at this point.  In normal circumstances I would discourage others and would not post detrimental speculation myself.

Adhering to that, I will go with the fact of 1 very telling tweet when things started to go south.  Is it possible that young impressionable players are more worried about social media than winning?  (Most if not all the players grew up with social media whereas most on this message board did not).

I will speculate no further other than to say that I believe 'chemistry' to be the largest issue with this team.  'Chemistry' feeding all the teams ills.  Hopefully, the team grows and learns and is better in all regards once this issue is resolved. if

I'm actually serious when I say this. When we have to start the process all over again after this season is officially over (the players have already checked out).....I'll take RP back and the rest can hit the bricks. I don't care anymore. My love for Indiana and Indiana Hoops is getting tossed around like garbage and the kids who are on the court obviously don't give a rats ass about it.  22-0 run to Rutgers? Seriously. Someone anyone step up you idiots.

Maybe Archie calling them “scared” and “soft” (agree with him for the most part) got the players pi**ed off and since he wasn’t the coach they came to play for, instead of them  taking it as motivation and wanting to prove him wrong, they are being pouty and thinking “Man, screw this guy”....which is unfortunate they have to be that way IF so. At this point Archie is probably just hoping he has enough players on the same page as him to slide through the season without too much more damage and look towards next year when I’m sure we may look quite a bit different. I could also see there being some chemistry issues with the team..starting to look like they are all trying to be “the guy” to prevent others from stealing the show. The “team ball” we had going for us that was fun to watch at the beginning of the year is gone. 

Not saying any of this is what’s truly going on, but just some thoughts and opinions that go along the lines of there being internal issues. 

10 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Mods, Insiders, anyone with kids on campus, students, 

What's the word with internal issues?  There has to be something.  Someone asked Mile specifically the other day and he said he hasn't heard anything.  We only have what we all speculate.  Can someone that has any sort of ear tell us what the hell is going on?  Will one of these reporters have the balls to ask CAM that question?

If you know something, say something.  

Sad emoji= yes internal issues

haha emoji= no internal issues

Something, anything.  Smoke signals.  SOS

When i was at IU 91-95 nothing was leaked because of the fear that surrounded the program. This day and age everyone has loose lips. If we have any students on here who lurk or post...I'd love to know the feeling on campus or what the word is among players. Anything. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm actually serious when I say this. When we have to start the process all over again after this season is officially over (the players have already checked out).....I'll take RP back and the rest can hit the bricks. I don't care anymore. My love for Indiana and Indiana Hoops is getting tossed around like garbage and the kids who are on the court obviously don't give a rats ass about it.  22-0 run to Rutgers? Seriously. Someone anyone step up you idiots.

You seriously would not take Al back?

42 minutes ago, IUaic said:

What about Jerome? Race? Damezi? - he just isn't ready yet.

Thought Jake showed some fight too. He just lacks the physical strength and weight. He literally got thrown around, but went back for more.  In a typical situation,  he would only start to see spot minutes his sophomore year, and really contribute his last two. He looked like a lab puppy out there; all arms and legs flopping around, but very excited to play.

2 hours ago, IUrocker said:

Maybe Archie calling them “scared” and “soft” (agree with him for the most part) got the players pi**ed off and since he wasn’t the coach they came to play for, instead of them  taking it as motivation and wanting to prove him wrong, they are being pouty and thinking “Man, screw this guy”....which is unfortunate they have to be that way IF so. At this point Archie is probably just hoping he has enough players on the same page as him to slide through the season without too much more damage and look towards next year when I’m sure we may look quite a bit different. I could also see there being some chemistry issues with the team..starting to look like they are all trying to be “the guy” to prevent others from stealing the show. The “team ball” we had going for us that was fun to watch at the beginning of the year is gone. 

Not saying any of this is what’s truly going on, but just some thoughts and opinions that go along the lines of there being internal issues. 

If getting called soft and scared make you play like this then those players have some problems. Archie has pretty much coddled them and what he has said is not really harsh at all.

Archived