I thought I'd never say it...Dakich is right on the money

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me with DD it is not what he says but the way he goes about expressing those opinions that bother me.

I was saying exactly this the other night to a friend. Dakich always acts like this guy who's had the answers the whole time and no one will slow down and listen to him. It's insufferable.

This 13 min clip is a worthy summary of his feelings as of late. A little "old school is the only school" shtick from Dakich as always, but I have to agree he's on the money with almost everything here.

Don Fisher was on his show on Monday. Can someone post it on here? Fish is at a loss for words with this team. He says Archie is tough on them, coaches them, teaches them but the team just doesn't have the desire to go after it. A very interesting interview. To me Fish is saying Archie is not the issue. 

6 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Don Fisher was on his show on Monday. Can someone post it on here? Fish is at a loss for words with this team. He says Archie is tough on them, coaches them, teaches them but the team just doesn't have the desire to go after it. A very interesting interview. To me Fish is saying Archie is not the issue. 

This season is over. Archie should look towards next year and say if you won’t work for it than I’ll make you so miserable you want to leave...starting by not playing. Even If that means Morgan and or Romeo sit...they sit. I can respect that. You have to salvage something from this year and if that’s identifying who needs to go then let them go. You can’t let this carry over into next year.

Not only is Dakich way off base with most of what he is saying here, but I've come to believe that he would rather IU never be good again. Dakich is an IU hater at this point. The longer IU is down, the better those 80s teams appear to be. With "friends" like Dakich and his minions who drive up the hate, IU needs no enemies.

Dakich can say whatever he wants and I'm sure he will. Some of it is on point for sure, but like others have said, the delivery is old schtick.

The think I don't like about DD is that just a few weeks ago he had CAM on and slobbered all over him and was like good buddies with him, now he throws him under the bus, repeatedly (and I'm not saying CAM doesn't deserve some ownership on this collapse). If another school was having these same issues, he would have that coach on and lament about how hard coaching is sometimes and the kids just aren't the same as they used to be. He does this stuff just to stay relevant. It's like radio click bait.

Those who disagree..did you listen to the 13 minute clip bushmage posted? If you think that's off base I'm not sure what to tell you...enjoy your team then. You must be gluttons for punishment.

He was going on again today about how he wouldn't let Fitzner date his daughter because he's 1/15 from the floor in January. 1/15!?! How the hell does a supposed "great shooter" shoot 1/15 when that's the only reason he's on the court!? 

I'm not disagreeing with your initial feelings about DD. I said he makes good points. I listened to the podcast and sat there nodding myself with some of the things he said.  I just don't like how he uses his stump sometimes. He could be a positive instead of trying to drown Archie in negativity. There are ways to be a positive force even when you are beyond po'd.

15 minutes ago, hoosier8760 said:

Those who disagree..did you listen to the 13 minute clip bushmage posted? If you think that's off base I'm not sure what to tell you...enjoy your team then. You must be gluttons for punishment.

He was going on again today about how he wouldn't let Fitzner date his daughter because he's 1/15 from the floor in January. 1/15!?! How the hell does a supposed "great shooter" shoot 1/15 when that's the only reason he's on the court!? 

I listened to the 13 minute clip.  Heard a lot of complaining without much in the way of solutions.  I especially thought his rant against the assistant coaches, for no other reason than they aren't IU guys, to be unnecessary.

12 minutes ago, hoosier8760 said:

I did listen to it. It is crazy. Imagine if Archie did what Dakich is suggesting and called out Romeo (a frosh) half way into his second recruiting cycle. How would our rebuild proceed then? The equation is simple...The worse IU looks today, the more fondly we look at the past. If IU never gets good again Dakich will be among the last "greats." Sorry, but I find nothing more punishing than listening to him. I'll take Don Fischer every day.

25 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I listened to the 13 minute clip.  Heard a lot of complaining without much in the way of solutions.  I especially thought his rant against the assistant coaches, for no other reason than they aren't IU guys, to be unnecessary.

Most sports fans and radio guys are this way. Tons of complaining not many solutions. I ask the guys on twitter all the time. Great...we know IU is struggling. Solution please? Never get a response. 

If Dakich really has any invested interest in IU basketball he should be doing all that he can to be part of the solution and not part of the problem.  Instead of bashing the coaching staff, why not offer to come down to B'town and be of any assistance he can to help this IU team snap out of their funk?  Of course it is possible Archie could say, "Thanks but no thanks".  Instead, he adds to an increasingly divided fan base with his rants.  Not that he should be singing Archie's praises or pumping up all things IU but stop feeding the derision. 

36 minutes ago, iu2win said:

If Dakich really has any invested interest in IU basketball he should be doing all that he can to be part of the solution and not part of the problem.  Instead of bashing the coaching staff, why not offer to come down to B'town and be of any assistance he can to help this IU team snap out of their funk?  Of course it is possible Archie could say, "Thanks but no thanks".  Instead, he adds to an increasingly divided fan base with his rants.  Not that he should be singing Archie's praises or pumping up all things IU but stop feeding the derision. 

And yet Dakich begged for his daughter to be able to work close to Archie. That's the thing about Dakich.....met many guys like him in life. Talks out of both sides. When I called him out on twitter about Sampson time he immediately blocked me and said I have no clue. Sorry Dan. Some of us do have a clue.

He's a windbag. Nothing more nothing less. If people choose to listen to him cool. I haven't in years. He showed his colors to me both in public and private. Maybe when I was in my 20's I would be impressionable but when you get to early 40's you don't have time for people who play both sides all the time. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And yet Dakich begged for his daughter to be able to work close to Archie. That's the thing about Dakich.....met many guys like him in life. Talks out of both sides. When I called him out on twitter about Sampson time he immediately blocked me and said I have no clue. Sorry Dan. Some of us do have a clue.

He's a windbag. Nothing more nothing less. If people choose to listen to him cool. I haven't in years. He showed his colors to me both in public and private. Maybe when I was in my 20's I would be impressionable but when you get to early 40's you don't have time for people who play both sides all the time. 

The whole blocking and hanging up on people that don't agree with him is so childish and a sign of insecurity.

Now watch, he'll trash me on his next show.

Archived