I thought I'd never say it...Dakich is right on the money

21 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

A very good and close friend was Bar Manager at the Lion and lets just say we did not spend a lot of money but took care of the bartender. That is where i acquired the taste for Guinness!! Heaven in a glass or a quart of motor oil as my wife would say.

Oh I love Guiness! Sometimes I even enjoyed it for breakfast, it can stand alone like no other! Sometimes black and tan was the choice oh so good! I still go into both places once in awhile and I am 60

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Cutter said:

Oh I love Guiness! Sometimes I even enjoyed it for breakfast, it can stand alone like no other! Sometimes black and tan was the choice oh so good! I still go into both places once in awhile and I am 60

Usually, but not only around the holidays..... a nice slice of braunschweiger, topped with swiss cheese, on a Triscuit....washed down with a Guinness.

Heaven!

18 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Usually, but not only around the holidays..... a nice slice of braunschweiger, topped with swiss cheese, on a Triscuit....washed down with a Guinness.

Heaven!

Lol well I like braunschweiger and Swiss cheese on a triscuit, so I now feel like I have been enlightened because I love Guiness! Thank you I look forward to trying this!

Many years ago talked to dan his first wife and his brother and his lady. He had on a old beat up cubs hat was drinking lots of beer as my girlfriend and I were. Sat at the next table to them upstairs at Nicks, they were very friendly and nice we had a really good conversation about lots of things very nice. Hearing him on the radio show he is totally different from that day we spoke.

12 minutes ago, Cutter said:

Many years ago talked to dan his first wife and his brother and his lady. He had on a old beat up cubs hat was drinking lots of beer as my girlfriend and I were. Sat at the next table to them upstairs at Nicks, they were very friendly and nice we had a really good conversation about lots of things very nice. Hearing him on the radio show he is totally different from that day we spoke.

Thanks for sharing.  Yet again... I think it is all for the ratings.  But.... does not have to go that way to get the ratings, IMHO.

14 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

A very good and close friend was Bar Manager at the Lion and lets just say we did not spend a lot of money but took care of the bartender. That is where i acquired the taste for Guinness!! Heaven in a glass or a quart of motor oil as my wife would say.

I love Guinness.  I've had the good fortune to drink a pint at The Brazen Head.

I find it hilarious when Dan does IU games...he pretends to not know who certain players are...like last night he said ahhh number 20, uh...Davis....come on dude. You know who every player is on the roster, where they're from, etc. 

But yeah, this season stinks. Great start, fizzled out quickly, won one game and thought the ship's hole was plugged...cork fell out again.

Archived