Offical IUMB venting/complaint Thread

Indykev

26 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Why? If he served his time. We still dont know what he did or didnt do. If it were weed he wouldnt play saturday. If its the other thing I heard ( a rumor I wont post ) he served his time, let him play.

He has missed 3 games, so a weed suspension would be over by the strict letter of the law.  That said, regardless of the transgression, this is a prime opportunity for the coaching staff to make an example for a team that seems to need a firm hand.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

He has missed 3 games, so a weed suspension would be over by the strict letter of the law.  That said, regardless of the transgression, this is a prime opportunity for the coaching staff to make an example for a team that seems to need a firm hand.

Thanks I couldnt remember if he missed 2 or 3.

• 2 weeks later...

Major changes need to happen this off-season. Barring too many phone calls - Archie is not going anywhere. I don’t like to name players - but with this season I don’t care. Smith and Green need to be the first to go. I don’t know if it had any impact - probably not...nonetheless this poor dysfunctional play began the same time Smith’s father spewed off on twitter. These players don’t care if they lose and that’s a big problem, nor do they seem to care for each other. We also have 0 leadership.

Now for some optimism. Looking forward to next year...if Archie makes the right moves and we turnover the roster with Brooks coming in, we actually have a good team;

phinisee

Brooks

hunter

TJD

Thompson

lets also pounce on a transfer not named Fitzner than can shoot 

Kelvin was a difference maker but too many damn phone calls! Thank god we didn’t have fake classes or prostitutes like some other schools, had we - our administration would have given us the death penalty 

Sampson has Houston #9 in the country - Houston, a non power 5 school. Imagine at IU - But all for not - his assistants couldn’t keep the fingers off the dial pad

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I'm not sure he isn't just Tom Crean with most consistency. 

I'm not either but he plays with a modern style. Tom Crean was no slouch either btw. An upgraded Crean is palpable at this point, no? I've laid out my POV and put in a solid effort so you all know how I feel.

Archie will get 4 years so I'm done putting in the effort. Believe it or not I have no hard agenda against Archie I just think his system sucks.

11 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

I'm not either but he plays with a modern style. Tom Crean was no slouch either btw. An upgraded Crean is palpable at this point, no? I've laid out my POV and put in a solid effort so you all know how I feel.

Archie will get 4 years so I'm done putting in the effort. Believe it or not I have no hard agenda against Archie I just think his system sucks.

I'm not sure about 4 years. 

3 hours ago, Hoosier987 said:

Kelvin was a difference maker but too many damn phone calls! Thank god we didn’t have fake classes or prostitutes like some other schools, had we - our administration would have given us the death penalty 

Sampson has Houston #9 in the country - Houston, a non power 5 school. Imagine at IU - But all for not - his assistants couldn’t keep the fingers off the dial pad

Yeah, and he couldn’t help but look the other way while kids got stoned and either skipped or flunked out of classes.

The phone calls weren’t what made Sampson a horrible match for IU

7 hours ago, Hoosier987 said:

Major changes need to happen this off-season. Barring too many phone calls - Archie is not going anywhere. I don’t like to name players - but with this season I don’t care. Smith and Green need to be the first to go. I don’t know if it had any impact - probably not...nonetheless this poor dysfunctional play began the same time Smith’s father spewed off on twitter. These players don’t care if they lose and that’s a big problem, nor do they seem to care for each other. We also have 0 leadership.

Now for some optimism. Looking forward to next year...if Archie makes the right moves and we turnover the roster with Brooks coming in, we actually have a good team;

phinisee

Brooks

hunter

TJD

Thompson

lets also pounce on a transfer not named Fitzner than can shoot 

The we're young and need more time will be the excuse for this team.  

7 hours ago, southsidehoosier said:

I know Archie is here for at least one more year but I can’t help but think of replacement coaches we could have

I agree he’ll be here another year or three. Only way he’s gone after next year is if the roster is turned over big AND we shoe no improvement finish bottom 3-4 in conference and don’t make dance or NIT and then maybe buyout is discussed.

but who are you even thinking might be a replacement? Who would come in after two coaches were forced out in two years?

On this this board prior to the start of last season I would always see it was the coaches fault for the team losing. I remember reading many of posts where posters would say if there was any other coach they would make the tournament or even a couple of years win the championship. 

Now that the team is really struggling the coach has nothing to do with it. Apparently it's the players now or to be more specific just one player, or maybe just that players dad that has made this team unbearable to watch. 

It cant be that the offense is atrocious. I dont want to hear that if we only had shooters. That's where coaching comes into play, run plays to get them open and work with them on their form. That is one of the many things the previous coaching staff did because you could see it as the season went on and from year to year. Other than Al I have not seen another player that has improved from last year.

Also quit blaming the coaching staff for the new coaching staffs failures. The players chose to stay and the new coach chose to keep them so if they are not getting any better than that's on the new coach. All the players were recruited by other D1 schools so they are all talented enough to play D1 ball it's up to the coach to make them better.

24 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I agree he’ll be here another year or three. Only way he’s gone after next year is if the roster is turned over big AND we shoe no improvement finish bottom 3-4 in conference and don’t make dance or NIT and then maybe buyout is discussed.

but who are you even thinking might be a replacement? Who would come in after two coaches were forced out in two years?

Me!!!!!!

23 hours ago, rico said:

Relax, we suck.  Can't say it any better than that.  Just how it is.  I ain't gonna lose any sleep over out situation.

Rico,  I’m not loosing sleep, I’m loosing hope.  Maybe I’m just an old man looking back at the glory days of IU basketball, but I am feeling less and less hopeful that they will ever return.  

Archived