Michigan State Pregame Thread

rbkl

44 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

https://twitter.com/SethTow/status/1091413125176397825?s=20

I'm excited that Deron Davis is able to jump again.  Haven't seen that in a long time.  Hopefully he can move forwards,  backwards, left and right before being brought back.  

Did he commit himself to conditioning while he was hurt?  If not, he may just twist something else pronto.  I would hate to see that happen.  We could use him.  

I say this as someone who thinks Davis has a chance to be a &^%$ good player.  

The summer before his freshman year, he was supposed to clean up some academic issues.  He was never in great shape although we saw his promise.

His sophomore year he tried to get in better shape but he wasn't quite there.  He showed even more promise.  Then he has a severe injury. 

You get to his junior year, when we absolutely needed him, and he was never in shape and it's been one folly after another.

He doesn't need to be babied.  He needs someone to get on his *&^ and make him the player he could be.  He's headed into his senior year.  Someone should have pushed him to redshirt somewhere in there and get him at 240 lbs and ready to go all out.  

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been known in the past to be called a "Jonah" because the moment my line hits the water everybody else that was catching fish no longer can? ☹️ So going with that thought I'm not watching the game to see if my Jinx turns off! Hope it's worth the sacrifice!

12 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I've been known in the past to be called a "Jonah" because the moment my line hits the water everybody else that was catching fish no longer can? ☹️ So going with that thought I'm not watching the game to see if my Jinx turns off! Hope it's worth the sacrifice!

Be like George Constanza and do everything the opposite eon what you think.  Usually on Fridays I where my IU sweat shirt to work but today I just wore my Green Polo shirt.

12 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Well, now... at least it's assured that no one in the stadium will be catching a fish !

41 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Just go fishing......I am.

6 minutes ago, rico said:

Yes, there is a chance.....that I will catch a fish tomorrow.

Game prediction:  We lose.

I realize that we will most likely lose, but I’ll be watching, no matter how bad we are.  I’m as frustrated as anyone with how the season has turned, but I won’t give up hope.  

3 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Did he commit himself to conditioning while he was hurt?  If not, he may just twist something else pronto.  I would hate to see that happen.  We could use him.  

I say this as someone who thinks Davis has a chance to be a &^%$ good player.  

The summer before his freshman year, he was supposed to clean up some academic issues.  He was never in great shape although we saw his promise.

His sophomore year he tried to get in better shape but he wasn't quite there.  He showed even more promise.  Then he has a severe injury. 

You get to his junior year, when we absolutely needed him, and he was never in shape and it's been one folly after another.

He doesn't need to be babied.  He needs someone to get on his *&^ and make him the player he could be.  He's headed into his senior year.  Someone should have pushed him to redshirt somewhere in there and get him at 240 lbs and ready to go all out.  

The academic issues had nothing to due with his not being a good student. But rather, the courses he took at Overland. I live in his school district.  And some of the classes he took were not what was required by IU.  I lay blame on Tom Crean for not laying out what IU required.

As for the other stuff. You are spot on.  As I watched De'Ron's progress, first hand from 8th grade to his Senior year at Overland... the overlaying concern I always had was about his conditioning. 

Lastly, as I posted.  De'Ron should have been pushed to redshirt this year. 

Personally. If it were up to me.  As much as I love De'Ron..... I would shut him down for the rest of the season, and wish he had been redshirted the entire season.

21 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

I will be entertaining a friend from Iowa so I will be day drinking.  Might go to the Phoenix Open.  But I will be watching either on my phone or at the bar.  We will lose but I won't care because it will be 75 degrees and I will be outside.  I say 79-52 Michigan.

So, you will be rowdy ones out of control on the 17th green. Heard that people have ended up in the pokey for being a little “ rambunctious “ at the Waste Management. Be careful so you don’t end up sharing a cell

24 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

I will be entertaining a friend from Iowa so I will be day drinking.  Might go to the Phoenix Open.  But I will be watching either on my phone or at the bar.  We will lose but I won't care because it will be 75 degrees and I will be outside.  I say 79-52 Michigan.

That's too generous.  Probably more like in 2008 when radio Rico was coach.

19 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

So, you will be rowdy ones out of control on the 17th green. Heard that people have ended up in the pokey for being a little “ rambunctious “ at the Waste Management. Be careful so you don’t end up sharing a cell

It's the 16th hole that is crazy.  I work a block away and went in early yesterday. At 6:30 am the drunks were already out and drinking heavily waitiing to get in and run for there spots on 16.  It is crazy.  I do get an "X" parking pass that let's me go anywhere, even up to the front drive of the TPC, so I got that going for me.

Here was me last year.

If I h

2 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

It's the 16th hole that is crazy.  I work a block away and went in early yesterday. At 6:30 am the drunks were already out and drinking heavily waitiing to get in and run for there spots on 16.  It is crazy.  I do get an "X" parking pass that let's me go anywhere, even up to the front drive of the TPC, so I got that going for me.

If I hear a “ in the hole” yell from like 280 yards out, I’ll know that is you with a flask of Mogen David’s on your hip

I feel like eventually we're going to have a game where things click.  Right now our team has less confidence than my grandma in a bikini.  At some point I keep holding out hope that our shooters get confidence and shots start to fall.  Maybe tomorrow will be the game where we come out on fire and shoot 50% from deep and surprise everybody.

Or maybe we'll lose by 50.

Archived