Michigan State Pregame Thread

rbkl

9 hours ago, Colonialcrester said:

It's the 16th hole that is crazy.  I work a block away and went in early yesterday. At 6:30 am the drunks were already out and drinking heavily waitiing to get in and run for there spots on 16.  It is crazy.  I do get an "X" parking pass that let's me go anywhere, even up to the front drive of the TPC, so I got that going for me.

Here was me last year.

The 1997 hole in one by Tiger.... changed the sport for good. The scene was just crazy. Beer cups flying an entire hole just shaking. How did it change the sport? It became OK or allowed to cheer on a course for great golf shots. I wasn't there that year but have been at the 16th a couple of times in early 2000's. It's not Augusta by any means....but for diehard golf fans you need to go at least once.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, milehiiu said:

The academic issues had nothing to due with his not being a good student. But rather, the courses he took at Overland. I live in his school district.  And some of the classes he took were not what was required by IU.  I lay blame on Tom Crean for not laying out what IU required.

As for the other stuff. You are spot on.  As I watched De'Ron's progress, first hand from 8th grade to his Senior year at Overland... the overlaying concern I always had was about his conditioning. 

Lastly, as I posted.  De'Ron should have been pushed to redshirt this year. 

Personally. If it were up to me.  As much as I love De'Ron..... I would shut him down for the rest of the season, and wish he had been redshirted the entire season.

Thanks. I didn’t mean to suggest anything about his academic abilities. 

From the videos I’ve seen, he seems like an absolutely terrific kid.  

I am a big fan of his ability at this level.  I am coming from a place where I want him to really succeed.  

13 hours ago, rico said:

Perch are better.

Perch, Walleye and Bluegill. Not to long ago we caught 46 good sized perch in about 2 hours. I will be on the ice Tuesday trying to catch some crappie and bluegill. There is nothing like fresh caught fish. Throw in some onion rings and you got a meal. 

10 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Perch, Walleye and Bluegill. Not to long ago we caught 46 good sized perch in about 2 hours. I will be on the ice Tuesday trying to catch some crappie and bluegill. There is nothing like fresh caught fish. Throw in some onion rings and you got a meal. 

Don't forget the hushpuppies and slaw.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Don't forget the hushpuppies and slaw.

Growing up in Gary, Indiana, as I did... the Polish American Home served Lake Perch every Friday night. We lived within two walking blocks away. And often would pick up Perch dinners.... served with fries, coleslaw, and a big slice of a Polish dill pickel.  Paper plate for take out, wrapped in a newspaper.   My mouth is watering just typing this.

Edit to add.... those were fresh lake perch out of Lake Michigan. 

Can we just change the name of the site to hoosieranglernation? I love to fish and living down here next to Kentucky Lake it’s pretty nice but the fact that talking fishing is more interesting than IU basketball says something...it feels like this season is a bottomless pit in how bad our basketball can get.

31 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Can we just change the name of the site to hoosieranglernation? I love to fish and living down here next to Kentucky Lake it’s pretty nice but the fact that talking fishing is more interesting than IU basketball says something...it feels like this season is a bottomless pit in how bad our basketball can get.

Actually fishing and waiting for the next IU game have a lot in common.  Both take a lot of patience. 

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Actually fishing and waiting for the next IU win have a lot in common.  Both take a lot of patience. 

Fixed that for you...As much as I love to fish I would say my fishing and IU basketball have a lot in common. In reality both are not very good and the stories of yester years keep getting grander. The old saying a day on the water even if you don’t catch anything is still a good day...I can’t say that about an IU ball season. A year without a championship is not still a good year of basketball...it’s pretty miserable lately.

Archived