Michigan State post game

10 minutes ago, BEKA said:

DD has to get player of the game. His heart carried his winded/wounded body and he came up huge. Awesome! 

No doubt DD was HUGE, but Smith deserves some credit too. Yes, he had some wild shots at the rim but had a double double and 3 blocks- including 2 key ones late

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I did not watch.  Currently at dinner with wife.  Of course with the OT, the DVR ran out before the game did.  

Who had us 1-7 in the 8 game stretch with the 1 being at MSU?  Anyone?

I always set mine for OT, which I did today while watching it.

10-20 from three is the key here in my opinion. I’ve never doubted the effort, D or coaching. Think we just made shots tonight, which made the difference. Also can’t ignore the fact MSU just lost their Langford and will prob take them a couple games to adjust. Hope we can continue to make shots bc it opens up the paint! If we don’t, I’m not sure much will change. Iowa and OSU at home the next two will be battles! Hope we can get on a roll. 

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I did not watch.  Currently at dinner with wife.  Of course with the OT, the DVR ran out before the game did.  

Who had us 1-7 in the 8 game stretch with the 1 being at MSU?  Anyone?

You should’ve taken @FKIM01’s advice and recorded +60.  Unfortunately you didn’t, and since we won, you can’t in the future either.

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

There is a need to spend more money for more band with for this fabulous forum at times like this.

Had a hard time getting on.

The coveted milehi game ball goes to :

the...... TEAM !

Mine goes to Archie. Trusted major minutes to freshman like Forrester and did a great job keeping this team together after multiple injuries. Give credit where credit is due..Smith, Green, Romeo, Davis, Forrester all stepped up tonight and I think no coincidence...Archie really brought it tonight. We played against MEN tonight...got bloodied but kept fighting back. That was the most physical college game I’ve seen all year. Literally an MMA bout down low on every drive. Always that way in Lansing...proud of all our boys because we have been hard on them (rightfully so).

1 minute ago, kyhoosier29 said:

10-20 from three is the key here in my opinion. I’ve never doubted the effort, D or coaching. Think we just made shots tonight, which made the difference. Also can’t ignore the fact MSU just lost their Langford and will prob take them a couple games to adjust. Hope we can continue to make shots bc it opens up the paint! If we don’t, I’m not sure much will change. Iowa and OSU at home the next two will be battles! Hope we can get on a roll. 

We aren’t likely to hit that many 3s again...plus the other team miss like 75% of their free throws...but confidence is key and we should have that winning without Morgan. Hope he is alright.

2 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I thought the ball movement was much better tonight.  A lot of our threes were kick outs from guys driving.  The shooter was able to catch the ball in rhythm and let it rip.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Mine goes to Archie. Trusted major minutes to freshman like Forrester and did a great job keeping this team together after multiple injuries. Give credit where credit is due..Smith, Green, Romeo, Davis, Forrester all stepped up tonight and I think no coincidence...Archie really brought it tonight. We played against MEN tonight...got bloodied but kept fighting back. That was the most physical college game I’ve seen all year. Literally an MMA bout down low on every drive. Always that way in Lansing...proud of all our boys because we have been hard on them (rightfully so).

Can't argue with you there. Archie became the mad scientist, that he started the season out as.... yet so many in addition to Archie contributed tonight.... that is why I gave the game ball to the team.... which includes Archie.

5 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Smith deserves some credit too. Yes, he had some wild shots at the rim but had a double double and 3 blocks- including 2 key ones late

Yep. I yelled at my TV a few times because of him, but the stat sheet looks dang good for him.

1 minute ago, StLHoosier said:

I thought the ball movement was much better tonight.  A lot of our threes were kick outs from guys driving.  The shooter was able to catch the ball in rhythm and let it rip.

Did you see all the off ball screens we did. Lot more movement and more screening. Very important...still too much weave but better.

I always thought DD was a huge part of what the team needed. He played 25 minutes tonight.  Huge. Watching Morgan have to muscle the Rutgers players on defense from the first play earlier this week, it's a wonder he had anything left in the second half.  With DD and a little help from Forrester,  it is a different team.  Hopefully, Juan is not out for long.

Archived