Michigan State post game

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Bushmage said:

do we have any explanation for De'Ron being ~3 weeks away from minutes to playing a significant 25 tonight and not turning the ball over, all in the span of 72 hours?

I will go with lack of options.  DD probably would have gotten much less time (0 min maybe ) if JM doesn't go down.

It appears the coaching staff really does not want to take any chances bringing anyone back too early.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

What is?  Beat a Top Ten team on the road or us being unranked?

The combination of the two together.  There were times in the mid-80's , late 90's. and early 00's that were were not good enough to be ranked, but still good enough to beat Top 10 teams.  I mean, think about it.  1982 is 37 years ago.  That's a heck of a long time ago.  

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

The combination of the two together.  There were times in the mid-80's , late 90's. and early 00's that were were not good enough to be ranked, but still good enough to beat Top 10 teams.  I mean, think about it.  1982 is 37 years ago.  That's a heck of a long time ago.  

I know what you are saying.  It is a long time ago and I remember the game.  At Minnesota.  But had they had a Top 25 back in those days, we would have been ranked.

When is our next game?  I am going fishing then too.  I got it figured out.

Edit: I got to admit while I was hauling in walleye and perch...my son's updates were quite amusing.  God I love my boy.  I was drunk, and he is of age.  The last transmission from him....was....." Jesus f******* Christ Dad, we won.  I can't f******** believe it."  " We won at f******* Michigan St."  " I cannot f******** believe this".  Dad I am coming over and we are going to have a drink.

He never made it.

Two rare simultaneous happenings led to this upset:

1) Sparty 8-22 from FT line

2) IU 10-20 from 3-pt range

What a courageous win, and this team never flinched when Morgan went down.  For anyone who has doubted Archie, he did a sturdy job getting this team ready to do the improbable.  Way to go IU!!!

10 hours ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Looks like you've got a lot of dinner dates in the future, bub.  We all must replicate whatever we did tonight.

Said in the pregame I was going to remove my jinx! Didn't watch, listen or check the tracker, it's going to be a long season without watching them play!😥 I was still drinking, so I still have that going for me:cheers:

6 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Michigan State loses, but 100% of ESPN's game highlights are of...Michigan State.  I don't think I've ever seen any reporting more ridiculous...

This is one reason why I no longer watch ESPN.  I wish someone would come into that market and be what ESPN was.

10 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I didn’t get to watch and stats showed he had a solid one, but of course I tuned in for the turnover and subsequent (going under the screen) three pointer from his man after having the ball up four with :47 secs left. Was ready to strangle him. 

I take full responsibility for Green's turnover you mentioned above as I had just bragged on his efficiency and decision making about 30 seconds prior to the mishap. It was very pleasing to see him press the reset button in his mind and played very solid the remainder of the game.

Just a general comment. Anyone else have an issue with Lewis Garrison (ref) walk up on Izzo like that? Hopefully Big 10 steps in and reminds him we aren't here for you. We already sent TV Teddy packing. Don't need another official acting like he's the show. Between Boroski and a few others....the league doesn't need anymore bad officials. 

27 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a general comment. Anyone else have an issue with Lewis Garrison (ref) walk up on Izzo like that? Hopefully Big 10 steps in and reminds him we aren't here for you. We already sent TV Teddy packing. Don't need another official acting like he's the show. Between Boroski and a few others....the league doesn't need anymore bad officials. 

I loved it and Izzo was speechless.  I'm so sick of Izzo and his whining.  You are freaking hall of fame coach, act like it. He has fully replaced Bo with the tears flowing. 

I wonder what the ref said to him. 

I will say, he shouldn't have went nose to nose though to make the point.     

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I loved it and Izzo was speechless.  I'm so sick of Izzo and his whining.  You are freaking hall of fame coach, act like it. He has fully replaced Bo with the tears flowing. 

I wonder what the ref said to him. 

I will say, he shouldn't have went nose to nose though to make the point.     

Trust me. I've been in the anti Izzo camp for a long time....I just don't think any official should act like that. Some dude walks up on me like that my initial reaction would be arms up. What would happen if Izzo did that as a normal reaction and made contact with ref?

20 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Green & Davis ! Had not played for the past 3 or 4 games ! Last night they combined for 23 points and 11 rebounds , and 9 assists !!!   ( off the bench )  ' nuff said !!!!!!

Yes, this was critical for the win. In another thread, I had previously posted that during the 7 game losing streak, IU's bench had been outscored 92-43, with 28 of the 43 coming from Al and Rob when they didn't start. Last night the true bench players brought 28 points versus a total of 15 over the previous 7 games. Last night the bench outscored MSU's bench 28-16. Against Rutgers, the bench was outscored 19-2.

Great win.

Archived