Michigan State post game

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Trust me. I've been in the anti Izzo camp for a long time....I just don't think any official should act like that. Some dude walks up on me like that my initial reaction would be arms up. What would happen if Izzo did that as a normal reaction and made contact with ref?

i agree.  i thought that was waaaaaaay out of line.  i hate when officials aren't held accountable.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Trust me. I've been in the anti Izzo camp for a long time....I just don't think any official should act like that. Some dude walks up on me like that my initial reaction would be arms up. What would happen if Izzo did that as a normal reaction and made contact with ref?

I agree there.  Didn't agree with the nose to nose.  I think Izzo was so stunned he didn't even have time to do the natural human defense action of putting his hands up.  

4 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Or , a 1point loss at Arkansas or a 3 point loss at Maryland ? Not to mention , but ,  how about the fact that IU has not had a full and healthy roster for a single game this season !!!!

Something else that goes along with this is that according to KenPom we've also played the 7th most difficult schedule in the nation! Combine that with all the injuries and in some ways its amazing we are where we are. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a general comment. Anyone else have an issue with Lewis Garrison (ref) walk up on Izzo like that? Hopefully Big 10 steps in and reminds him we aren't here for you. We already sent TV Teddy packing. Don't need another official acting like he's the show. Between Boroski and a few others....the league doesn't need anymore bad officials. 

No way...no issue with the way the official handled it.  Izzo is a whiny a$$ and spends all 40 minutes riding the zebras however he wants.  He even cried about how the game was officiated in his post game presser (should draw a fine by the way).  Generally, the officials console and then accommodate him.  This official had had enough and addressed it accordingly.  The only other way to handle it would have been a technical which I would have applauded as well.

11 hours ago, JerseyHoosier said:

Btw, I think it's kind of ironic that one of the key reasons we won this game is that we actually out shot a team from the free throw line. Our 13/19 (we're 65% on the year) looks stellar compared to MSU's 9/21 (they are 73% on the year). And many of their misses were at key moments for them....and amazingly Davis, a 53% shooter, knocked down 3/4 at the end. 

One thing I noticed about the officiating in terms of De'Ron.... was the fact that after Juwan went out, the refs stopped calling the ticky tack fouls against De'Ron that they had been calling against him all season long.  Someone, at one time years ago, said that players earn the respect of refs over the course of time. And just don't get the calls others get.  I think we saw that respect given to De'Ron on Saturday night.  Finally, the refs let De'Ron play his game. 

24 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I agree there.  Didn't agree with the nose to nose.  I think Izzo was so stunned he didn't even have time to do the natural human defense action of putting his hands up.  

Paw to nose might have been too much but makes me wonder wat exactly Izzo said.  I wonder if that actually should have been a tech and the ref instead got in his face but saved him the call.  Just a weird scene all around but at the time I loved it lol

Also noticed when I woke up the TV was still on ESPN.  They just happened to go right into game highlights.  It was the :30 fast recap and there was one highlight, Smith’s block.  So I guess IU got more highlights there.  They then next showed 20 highlights of Zion crushing St Johns.  I get Zion is amazing but IU just upset MSU and that’s the coverage, lol whatevs

Just now, Hoosier987 said:

Hang in there HOOSIER1321! We’re in better hands than Crean - trust me... I know the facts 😜

I didn’t come to argue. I was specifically called out in the thread. Never gonna apologize for having higher expectations for Indiana basketball. Love the win. Absolutely love it. Let’s just keep this going. 

9 hours ago, SIHoosier26 said:

I keep seeing this as an excuse, haven't they been without Langford for most of the year? Not to mention being an IU fan, I don't want to hear any other team use injuries as an excuse.

My mistake! Why was I thinking he just got injured a couple games ago? Was thinking it was new to them.

1 minute ago, HOOSIER1321 said:

I didn’t come to argue. I was specifically called out in the thread. Never gonna apologize for having higher expectations for Indiana basketball. Love the win. Absolutely love it. Let’s just keep this going. 

Agreed - I was talking about our disaster loss after rutgersRutgers

10 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Hang in there HOOSIER1321! We’re in better hands than Crean - trust me... I know the facts 😜

My golden doodle is better than Crean. I have been a vocal doubter of Archie during this recent losing streak.  Like his team, he was showing no fight and not holding anyone accountable for their poor play.  I am not ready to do a 180 after one game but I will say that he finally pushed the right buttons as winning at MSU following a 7 game losing takes something special.  I hope he becomes the coach we thought we were getting when he came here....

17 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

My mistake! Why was I thinking he just got injured a couple games ago? Was thinking it was new to them.

It's fine lol I just keep seeing Izzo use this as an excuse in his postgame and in a lot of articles around the country. IU played most of the game without their best player and countless other players being out all year. 

Good win, another big time victory added to our tourney resume(along with Marquette and Louisville). We def need to ride this momentum with 6 of the last 9 remaining games at home and take care of business. If we get at least 5 or 6 wins down the stretch and 1 win in the Big Ten tournament we will make the big dance. 

The press  conference with Izzo was pathetic.

Not giving Indiana credit shows what kind of person he is.   He whines all game long trying to get make up calls. To his credit it works but it’s a shame you have to do that to squeak out wins. I understand if the ref makes a bad call, you need to get on him but not every call. 

The blow buy handshake says it all !

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i agree.  i thought that was waaaaaaay out of line.  i hate when officials aren't held accountable.

Completely disagree, Izzo should have been T'd up multiple times in the second half. His whining gets extremely old and the "we didn't have enough bodies" excuse is ridiculous when you consider that they were playing IU.

11 hours ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

Unfortunately Jay Bilas was acting as a mouthpiece for Izzo.

Acting as a mouthpiece for him and then snow shoeing with him across the football stadium. Had plenty of time to ask him about MSU players/coaches beating and raping women too. Guess sometimes you just get lost in Izzo’s eyes when he wears that certain pair of snow shoes. 

23 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Someone needs to tell the geniuses at espn. They gushed all over Iowa’s home win, and all they had to say about our win was MSU is off.

ESPN has become a marketing firm for Duke, Kentucky, the Lakers, Golden St., the Dallas Cowboys and Pittsburgh Steelers.  It is absolutely disgusting. Along with the shoe company money, ESPN throwing their attention to a few select universities has to provide an unfair recruiting advantage...the NCAA is blind to it as usual

Archived