Michigan State post game

Just now, CTrojan88 said:

ESPN has become a marketing firm for Duke, Kentucky, the Lakers, Golden St., the Dallas Cowboys and Pittsburgh Steelers.  It is absolutely disgusting. Along with the shoe company money, ESPN throwing their attention to a few select universities has to provide an unfair recruiting advantage...the NCAA is blind to it however

Espn has definitely gone downhill, and plays to favorites based on it apparent perception that “sells,” and it didn’t help they fired most of their knowledgeable writers / commentators a while back. 

I still read espn as a quick stop shop for sports — so that’s on me lol 

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Espn has definitely gone downhill, and plays to favorites based on it apparent perception that “sells,” and it didn’t help they fired most of their knowledgeable writers / commentators a while back. 

I still read espn as a quick stop shop for sports — so that’s on me lol 

When a college team has their own section on the ESPN website, if you’re the NCAA, wouldn’t you shut it down?  I mean, having a write up about their recent game or a side story once in a while would be fine as long as other teams are also represented...but, the biggest sports reporting company in the US endorsing one or two college’s and profiling their every move has to provide some sort of unfair recruiting advantage...right?

DCCD2F8C-A103-4228-9017-D1F54E81F07D.png

24 minutes ago, CTrojan88 said:

ESPN has become a marketing firm for Duke, Kentucky, the Lakers, Golden St., the Dallas Cowboys and Pittsburgh Steelers.  It is absolutely disgusting. Along with the shoe company money, ESPN throwing their attention to a few select universities has to provide an unfair recruiting advantage...the NCAA is blind to it as usual

Colin Cowherd (no longer at ESPN) has said that he has a national audience and that those are the teams he'll talk about. If some guy calls in and wants to talk about the Pacers or Portland or whoever, they won't get air time because most people don't care

1 hour ago, SIHoosier26 said:

Completely disagree, Izzo should have been T'd up multiple times in the second half. His whining gets extremely old and the "we didn't have enough bodies" excuse is ridiculous when you consider that they were playing IU.

would have been good with a T for sure.  not getting up in his face.  coaches can't do that to officials.  

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Trust me. I've been in the anti Izzo camp for a long time....I just don't think any official should act like that. Some dude walks up on me like that my initial reaction would be arms up. What would happen if Izzo did that as a normal reaction and made contact with ref?

Nothing.  Ever since the MSU rape culture reporting, I have no faith in the ncaa doing anything to anybody from that school other than Nassar.

31 minutes ago, cohete15 said:

Before the game, a friend of mine asked me who my most hated sports teams are. I said, 1) UK, 2) Izzo's Spartans, 3) Purdue

Lately, Izzo has been trying hard to dethrone UK. Last night was one of his best efforts. 

i'm not even close.  i go 1. Purdue  2. Purdue  3. Purdue  4.  Dallas Cowboys  5. KY 6. Boston Red Sox  7. St. Louis Cardinals  8. Purdue

The thing that stood out to me the most in last night's game more so than any one individual's play was the guys actually seemed to play as a TEAM. Huddles were on point. Floor communication was good. And when someone made a bone-headed play and guys barked at each other, no one seemed to let it affect them for more than a few seconds. We have enough talent to beat anyone on any given night/day. We just have to stick together as a squad and play through the rough patches. A+ for effort last night. 

Izzo is getting close to Pitino in terms of biggest sleeze balls. Had to go wash my hands after seeing him on tv. What a joke he is. Also Jay Bilas was a complete joke as well. ESPN is trash! Maybe Bilas is still butt hurt about that boozer block on his Dukies. 

Can we quit the negative talk about Archie? gesh! Will lose some more games this year but let’s not question the direction of the program. 

Heck of a win last night! Would of loved to see what this team would look like at full strength this year. 

15 hours ago, jefftheref said:

I am 64 years old. My wife is 40 years old, 125 pounds and good looking, has a great job and lets me stay home and do nothing. If you were in my shoes and she wanted you to go to the grocery what would you do? lol

Does she have a sister?

I didn’t have much respect left for Izzo to begin with, but whatever I did have left is completely gone.  MSU is a dirty team.  They were pulling that bush league hook and hold all game.  Juwan’s injury was a dirty play with a similar hook.  They are a scumbag program.  Izzo covers up rape and coaches his players to be dirty on top of that.  And then he has the gall to cry about the officiating after the game.

Speaking of his comments after the game, he really came across as a classless tool.  Didn’t give IU one ounce of credit, and just complained and made excuses the entire time.  It’s pathetic that he was he was getting the ESPN fluff pieces last night during the game, especially considering everything that was revealed about that program last year.  Just a disgrace... Glad Archie gave him the blowby handshake after the game.

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a general comment. Anyone else have an issue with Lewis Garrison (ref) walk up on Izzo like that? Hopefully Big 10 steps in and reminds him we aren't here for you. We already sent TV Teddy packing. Don't need another official acting like he's the show. Between Boroski and a few others....the league doesn't need anymore bad officials. 

I'm guessing Izzo should have been T'd up there and Garrison helped him out by just getting in his face, no issue with that. There are a few coaches that work the ref's from start to finish, i'm sure that gets old listening to.

16 hours ago, jefftheref said:

I am 64 years old. My wife is 40 years old, 125 pounds and good looking, has a great job and lets me stay home and do nothing. If you were in my shoes and she wanted you to go to the grocery what would you do? lol

No sister, huh....How's your health? :coffee:

5 hours ago, SIHoosier26 said:

It's fine lol I just keep seeing Izzo use this as an excuse in his postgame and in a lot of articles around the country. IU played most of the game without their best player and countless other players being out all year. 

Yeah, another reason why I can’t believe people have been giving CAM trouble. Not only are we short on talent, but we’ve had some major injury issues. 

Hearing that short of an unexpected flair up..... Juwan should be good to go for Iowa on Thursday.

Also, hearing that Dan Dakich is scheduled to do the color for ESPN.  Which should prove interesting given his recent comments about the coaching staff... ( No IU guys, etc, etc), as well as IU's tremendous victory over Michigan State.   Normally, I would not want him to do an IU game.  However, this is one time I will make an exception, and hope that he does the game. 

3 hours ago, StLHoosier said:

I also thought it was funny that he kept using the “we were short on experienced bodies” excuse.  Can’t use that when playing against us and Juwan goes down.

I thought it was the worst presser i've seen from a head coach in years.

Archived