Michigan State post game

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

That is exactly what I did. I am watching the game now.

I wish I could watch it already knowing the outcome. I took two Nexiums during that game. I was so proud of the team all game but I still was waiting for something bad to happen. It almost did but we persevered. So glad I tuned in.

Just now, dgambill said:

I wish I could watch it already knowing the outcome. I took two Nexiums during that game. I was so proud of the team all game but I still was waiting for something bad to happen. It almost did but we persevered. So glad I tuned in.

That's how I watch IU games.  I started recording games a few years back and got in the habit of watching on replay.  If the game is ugly, I delete and don't waste two hours of my life.

1 hour ago, Muckraker said:

If we had lost, I might not be saying this, but I thought the officiating crew did a decent job of NOT letting Izzo get into their heads and giving MSU a lot of undeserved homer calls. I've seen much worse at Breslin!

Huh? We won but I wouldn’t say that was a well officiated game. I mean that game was way way too physical. I mean we had 4 guys get injured in that game at different points..Davis, Juwan, Al, and Green. How many times did Justin or Al or Romeo get mugged taking it to the hoop? Great thing was we fought back and didn’t get bullied and gave it back to them. At least the refs weren’t really calling anything on drives but we took more non foul calls than I’ve ever seen. Just proud we didn’t give up and back down but that was not well officiated imo...we just stood up to the bullies better tonight than normal...Crean team would never have had the stones to do it. Kudos Archie.

38 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Huh? We won but I wouldn’t say that was a well officiated game. I mean that game was way way too physical. I mean we had 4 guys get injured in that game at different points..Davis, Juwan, Al, and Green. How many times did Justin or Al or Romeo get mugged taking it to the hoop? Great thing was we fought back and didn’t get bullied and gave it back to them. At least the refs weren’t really calling anything on drives but we took more non foul calls than I’ve ever seen. Just proud we didn’t give up and back down but that was not well officiated imo...we just stood up to the bullies better tonight than normal...Crean team would never have had the stones to do it. Kudos Archie.

I I didn't say it was well officiated, just not as lopsided as a normal MSU home game. 

3 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

10-20 from three is the key here in my opinion. I’ve never doubted the effort, D or coaching. Think we just made shots tonight, which made the difference. Also can’t ignore the fact MSU just lost their Langford and will prob take them a couple games to adjust. Hope we can continue to make shots bc it opens up the paint! If we don’t, I’m not sure much will change. Iowa and OSU at home the next two will be battles! Hope we can get on a roll. 

I keep seeing this as an excuse, haven't they been without Langford for most of the year? Not to mention being an IU fan, I don't want to hear any other team use injuries as an excuse.

What a win 👏🏻👏🏻 I also did not watch and my dvr cut off with two mins left in OT (need the hour past recording not just 30 mins). Proud of these guys going into probably the toughest place in the B1G to play and gutting out a win. I hope Juwan’s shoulder injury isn’t serious as we really need him in this next stretch. 

After watching on dvr here’s my take:  Game MVP was Davis. What a performance. He was winded at times but gave the team all he had. 

The team played together and came up big when they needed to. 

Justin as frustrating as he can be really made some plays down the stretch to help secure the win.  

Al and green showed up.

Hitting 10 of 20 3s, Outrebounding MSU by 8 for the game, the timely blocks...all big factors in the win.  

What a great win! Hopefully it’s the start of a turnaround here during Feb and heading into March.

Some have asked where this team was in January, and I know people get sick of hearing it, but the injuries were really a big part. IU basically played the last 5+ weeks with either Phinisee OR Green, not Phinisee and Green, as well as missing De’Ron Davis the last 3+ weeks. 

Missing those guys was huge. Imagine having Davis against Maryland as Fernando was killing Juwan and Fitzner inside in the second half of that game? Or the other games where we needed a big to bang and score down low? All the games where Phinisee or Green struggled but we didn’t have the other to turn too, or as some have said in other threads this week, we didn’t have the option the last three games to get Green off the ball at the 2 to get more threats in the game. 

Im not saying we should have gone 0-7, but I’d bet that if Phinisee and Davis hadn’t gotten hurt and Green hadn’t gotten suspended we maybe go 2-5 or 3-4 over that stretch and things look very, very different.  

4 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

10-20 from three is the key here in my opinion. I’ve never doubted the effort, D or coaching. Think we just made shots tonight, which made the difference. Also can’t ignore the fact MSU just lost their Langford and will prob take them a couple games to adjust. Hope we can continue to make shots bc it opens up the paint! If we don’t, I’m not sure much will change. Iowa and OSU at home the next two will be battles! Hope we can get on a roll. 

Langford has been out since December. They just finally announced his season was over this week. 

4 minutes ago, rico said:

I just came off the ice......what did I miss?

On a serious note, be careful out there...I guy I knew from grade school went through the ice Friday and drowned.  I'm sure your ice is much better than ours is here in southern Indiana as I was a little surprised to hear that he was on the ice Friday.  We just haven't had enough cold weather to make me comfortable.

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

On a serious note, be careful out there...I guy I knew from grade school went through the ice Friday and drowned.  I'm sure your ice is much better than ours is here in southern Indiana as I was a little surprised to hear that he was on the ice Friday.  We just haven't had enough cold weather to make me comfortable.

We got 8"+ in my area.........my southern friends are still skeptical about what they have down there.  But I got all the stuff...even a floatable suit.  I am equipped.

Back to topic.  Catching up on the IU game.  Dang, I am so proud of the boys.  And BTW, my son(IU grad) was keeping me updated the whole time.  I bet he his passed out by now!!!!!!

Archived