Louisville?

rico

One has to sit back and wonder what the Cardinals are gonna do.  They have an acting president, an acting AD, and an interim basketball coach.  To a degree, this kind of reminds me about the RMK firing with a different twist.  They have sanctions looming over their heads.  I wonder  what the fall out is gonna end up being?  Just random thoughts.

40 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Louisville will rebound as a prohram faster than IU did with Crean because they are not going to lose all their players like the hoosiers.  And with the ncaa proving to be impotent with the unc ruling, nothing should hold them back.

Yeah the NCAA is as worthless as.....fill in the blank! Drives me nuts!

Given North Carolina walked away completely free of NCAA charges, I doubt U of L will get much punishment.   I realize the two schools had completely different infractions, but I am speaking on the complete incompetence of the NCAA.   U of L just needs to fight the NCAA tooth and nail.   It will still take them several years to recover, as I cannot imagine big time recruits taking the chance to go to U of L.

57 minutes ago, Chad B said:

Given North Carolina walked away completely free of NCAA charges, I doubt U of L will get much punishment.   I realize the two schools had completely different infractions, but I am speaking on the complete incompetence of the NCAA.   U of L just needs to fight the NCAA tooth and nail.   It will still take them several years to recover, as I cannot imagine big time recruits taking the chance to go to U of L.

I don't think it is gonna be as easy for the Cards to walk from this as it was with UNC.

Louisville should enjoy this season. After this one there isn't a recruit in a top 100 recruit who is going to sign up for the potential of what may happen there. Major infraction after being on probation for major infraction. I look for reduced scholarships, additional post season bans (yes plural), reduced off campus recruiting....any and everything just shy of death penalty. 

I also expect Rick to get a show cause penalty for 1-2 years. Not sure about Kenny or other assistants. 

14 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Louisville will rebound as a prohram faster than IU did with Crean because they are not going to lose all their players like the hoosiers.  And with the ncaa proving to be impotent with the unc ruling, nothing should hold them back.

The cupboard might be full right now.  But when is it going to be bare?  Yes, the NCAA doesn't appear to know their arsz from a hole in the ground but right now this is the FBI's corner.  When everything broke about UNC, Roy did not lose his job.  Not only did Rick lose his, but they AD did as well.

1 hour ago, rico said:

The cupboard might be full right now.  But when is it going to be bare?  Yes, the NCAA doesn't appear to know their arsz from a hole in the ground but right now this is the FBI's corner.  When everything broke about UNC, Roy did not lose his job.  Not only did Rick lose his, but they AD did as well.

- UL will not require the academic standards from their new coach that Crean had at IU.

- UL's identity is it's athletic program.  Indiana's identity is the University itself.

- Unless the NCAA invokes the Death Penalty (and they won't), UL will temporarily backslide to a 15-15 team, but not get anywhere near the depths of IU's 6-25, 10-21, 12-20.

Archived